[Dspace-tech] problem wth pdf thumbnail creation - imagemagick

dspace user

Aug 26, 2015, 2:43:48 PM8/26/15
to dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hello,

I am using dspace5.2 JSPUI version in centos6.6. I have installed imagemagick and ghostscript. and i have done changes related to generating thumbnail. while using dspace filter-media command i m getting below error

ERROR filtering, skipping bitstream:

    Item Handle: 123456789/29
    Bundle Name: ORIGINAL
    File Size: 589
    Checksum: 9b68bef4ddfea5ae8c66b089f892d3f2 (MD5)
    Asset Store: 0
org.im4java.core.CommandException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: convert
org.im4java.core.CommandException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: convert
    at org.im4java.core.ImageCommand.run(ImageCommand.java:219)

path has been passed here
 org.dspace.app.mediafilter.ImageMagickThumbnailFilter.ProcessStarter = /root/software/ImageMagick

Regards.

Terry Brady

Aug 26, 2015, 2:45:15 PM8/26/15
to dspace user, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
If you skip this item handle (-s option), do other items convert properly?

Terry Brady
Applications Programmer Analyst
Georgetown University Library Information Technology
425-298-5498 (Seattle, WA)

Jose Villanueva

Dec 21, 2017, 4:51:08 PM12/21/17
to DSpace Technical Support

I am using dspace 5.7 and I get the same error when I try to generate a thumbnail.
How did you solve?

Radha Sankara

Jan 30, 2018, 3:39:13 PM1/30/18
to DSpace Technical Support
Hi all,

We are getting the same error too.How did you fix it?

Thanks

Terry Brady

Jan 30, 2018, 5:49:56 PM1/30/18
to DSpace Technical Support
Try the following commands to check that your configuration is pointing to the right installation location.

> grep ProcessStarter [dspace-install]/config/dspace.cfg
org.dspace.app.mediafilter.ImageMagickThumbnailFilter.ProcessStarter = /usr/bin
> /usr/bin/convert -version
Version: ImageMagick 6.7.2-7 2017-01-12 Q16 http://www.imagemagick.org
Copyright: Copyright (C) 1999-2011 ImageMagick Studio LLC
Features: OpenMP
>  /usr/bin/gs -version
GPL Ghostscript 8.70 (2009-07-31)
Copyright (C) 2009 Artifex Software, Inc.  All rights reserved.

Terry