RE: [Dspace-tech] Server Error

Radek Zajkowski

Aug 21, 2015, 4:57:09 PM8/21/15
to dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Thank You for all your help so far, I corrected the .bashrc issue. As you
probably realise by now I am not a power user, so here come more issues.

I got to the ./install-configs part which run w/o errors (thus correctly
I gather)

when I go to http://localhost:8080/dspace/

I get the following:

Apache Tomcat/4.0.6 - HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error

type Exception report

message Internal Server Error

description The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server
Error) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: This absolute uri
(http://www.dspace.org/dspace-tags.tld) cannot be resolved in either
web.xml or the jar files deployed with this application
at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:194)

at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:174)

at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.processTaglibDirective(Jsp
ParseEventListener.java:1170)
at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.handleDirective(JspParseEv
entListener.java:765)
at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DelegatingListener.handleDirective(DelegatingLis
tener.java:125)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser$Directive.accept(Parser.java:255)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1145)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1103)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1099)
at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.parse(ParserController.java:214
)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:210)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java:548)
at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspS
ervlet.java:176)
at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.j
ava:188)
at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:381)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:473)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Applicatio
nFilterChain.java:247)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterC
hain.java:193)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.j
ava:243)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:
566)
at

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.j
ava:190)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:
566)
at

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2347)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:18
0)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:
566)
at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve
.java:170)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:
564)
at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:17
0)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:
564)
at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:468)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:
564)
at

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.jav
a:174)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:
566)
at

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcessor.java
:1027)
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:112
5)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

>It looks like the 'ant' tool can find your Java installation but the shell
>scripts cannot. My suspicion would be that Java is not on your command line
>path. When you've opened a fresh xterm (GNOME terminal etc) does 'java
>-version' work? If not, your command line path needs updating in .cshrc or
>.bashrc. If you are running DSpace as a different user, try 'su -
>thatuser', and then try 'java -version'.
>
>Another possibility is that you are running 'tcsh' as your shell, and that
>'bash' (which is used to run the DSpace scripts) does not have its
>command-line path configured correctly.
>
>The operation system and software versions you have below are very similar
>to ours, so that shouldn't be the problem.
>
> Robert Tansley / Hewlett-Packard Laboratories / +44 (0)117 312 9116

Radek Zajkowski

Aug 21, 2015, 4:57:10 PM8/21/15
to dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
IT WORKS!!!

I reinstalled everything again.

Most errors were due to my sloppiness. I did not enter the port number
for Tomcat on the last.

Thank You.

Tansley, Robert

Aug 21, 2015, 4:57:11 PM8/21/15
to Radek Zajkowski, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
> IT WORKS!!!
>
> I reinstalled everything again.
>
> Most errors were due to my sloppiness. I did not enter the
> port number
> for Tomcat on the last.
>
> Thank You.

Excellent! If there are any improvements you think we could make to the
installation guide to make the process easier, please let us know!