[Dspace-tech] Re: Null Pointers

Wesley Alan Wright

Aug 24, 2015, 12:19:38 PM8/24/15
to dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 10:46:22 +0100 Jim Downing <oj...@cam.ac.uk> wrote

> On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 22:18, Wesley Alan Wright wrote:
>> sudo -u dspace /dspace/bin/dsrun org.dspace.administer.Upgrade11to12
>> Setting item owningCollection fields in database
>> Exception in thread "main" java.io.FileNotFoundException:
>> /Volumes/Wozzle/local/dspace/search/segments (No such file or
>> directory)
>> at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(Native Method)
>> at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:200)
>
> Did index-all run successfully in the end - the Upgrade class won't
> work
> until the index is built.

No, index-all failed with null pointer exception

sudo -u dspace /dspace/bin/index-all
Creating browse index
Indexing all Items in DSpace.... ... Done
Creating search index
at
org.dspace.search.DSIndexer.writeItemIndex(DSIndexer.java:468)
at org.dspace.search.DSIndexer.indexAllItems(DSIndexer.java:303)
at org.dspace.search.DSIndexer.createIndex(DSIndexer.java:161)
at org.dspace.search.DSIndexer.main(DSIndexer.java:189)

(I thought one of the design goals/advantages of Java over C was
elimination of pointers. Never had this kind of problem with FORTRAN.)