[Dspace-tech] import command path duplication

Joshua Allan Westgard

Aug 26, 2015, 2:47:40 PM8/26/15
to dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Dear Dspace-tech,

We are running dspace v5.1, xmlui.

When using the command line batch importer, I'm experiencing some strange behavior in where dspace looks for the location of my SAF zip file.

> [user@hostname]$ /apps/mdsoar/bin/dspace import -t -a -e us...@notreal.edu -s /path/to/file/ -z saf.zip -c 11603-STAGE/363 -m mapfile
> **Test Run** - not actually importing items.
> Destination collections:
> Owning Collection: Test Collection
> java.io.FileNotFoundException: /path/to/file/path/to/file/saf.zip (No such file or directory)
> at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
> at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:215)
> at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:145)
> at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:159)
> at org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport.unzip(ItemImport.java:2021)
> at org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport.unzip(ItemImport.java:1987)
> at org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport.unzip(ItemImport.java:2098)
> at org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport.main(ItemImport.java:490)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
> at org.dspace.app.launcher.ScriptLauncher.runOneCommand(ScriptLauncher.java:225)
> at org.dspace.app.launcher.ScriptLauncher.main(ScriptLauncher.java:77)
> java.io.FileNotFoundException:/path/to/file/path/to/file/saf.zip (No such file or directory)
> Deleting temporary zip directory: /apps/myapp/imports
> ***End of Test Run***
> Started: 1438117375828
> Ended: 1438117376345
> Elapsed time: 0 secs (517 msecs)

This is a new process for us, so it is entirely possible that I am invoking this command incorrectly, but my understanding is that the -s flag is used to declare the directory where your batch folder is located, and the -z flag is where you specify the name of the .zip file. As the above (slightly sanitized) stack trace shows, however, the importer looks for the batch file in a non-existant location constructed by duplicating the specified path twice over. Thus, I specified "/path/to/file" and dspace looks in "/path/to/file/path/to/file". This pattern holds no matter what directory I attempt to load from. The only way I have been able to get it to work so far is by invoking the import command from the directory where the zip is located, and specifying "-s ." for the path.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Josh Westgard
University of Maryland Libraries