[Dspace-tech] Importing files

Mika Stenberg

Aug 24, 2015, 3:52:38 PM8/24/15
to dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
I'd like to import a batch of files to our new DSpace installation,
there is no sense in making this via the web interface.

However, when testing the item importer I cannot make it work. I've been
trying to test it by exporting an item, modifying the metadata and
importing the same item with -r (replace) option. Export seems to work
ok. Import program seems to run fine (I get some info on the screen),
but nothing happens on the system though. I ran index-all but still I
see the same old metadata for the item. Any help with this one?

Since batch submissions seem to be an issue even here on the forum, I
was hoping if someone was kind enough to write a small tutorial on how
to use it properly. It would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mika Stenberg

Mickaël Sellapin

Aug 24, 2015, 3:52:41 PM8/24/15
to Mika Stenberg, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi Mika !
Could you give me an example of your files ? I import files (Dublin Core
records) me too from OAI-PMH plugin for DSpace. But I had to develop a
script which makes available my records for DSpace.
For example, I've got my records in one file "totalResponse.xml". After
the passage of my script, I've got a tree structure like this :
dc/
dc1/
dublin_core.xml
contents
dc2/

The item importer works fine with this. Maybe is the same case, I can
make available my script.

Hope this helps,
Mickael

Mika Stenberg a écrit :
>Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services, security?
>Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job easier
>Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache Geronimo
>http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642

Mika Stenberg

Aug 24, 2015, 3:52:53 PM8/24/15
to dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
So Im trying to add a new language to the system.

I copied the Messages_fi.properties file to the /config directory and
rebuilt Dspace. Finnish is the default language in my browser, however I
still get the default english texts on the webui. I tried to change
finnish as the default language of the system in dspace.cfg, then
rebuilt the system. I still get english texts on WebUI. What am I
missing here?

Thanks,
Mika

Mickaël Sellapin

Aug 24, 2015, 3:53:07 PM8/24/15
Mika Stenberg a écrit :

> The problem is, that when I run the importer I now get an error
> message about the mapfile:
>
> Destination collections:
> Owning Collection: Preprints & Manuscripts
>
> java.io.FileNotFoundException: mapfile.map (No such file or directory)
> at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
> at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
> at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
> at java.io.FileReader.<init>(Unknown Source)
> at
> org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport.readMapFile(ItemImport.java:730)
> at
> org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport.replaceItems(ItemImport.java:518)
> at org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport.main(ItemImport.java:411)
> java.io.FileNotFoundException: map1 (No such file or directory)
>

> Isn't Dspace suppose to create the mapfile or where does it come from?
>
> Thanks,
> -Mika

DSpace is suppose to create the mapfile with the details of your import
: each records correspond to an handle. For example I have this in my
"mapfile" :
dc1 123456789/236
dc2 123456789/237

Could you give me your complete command to import ? Do you use the OAI
Harvester Plug-in for DSpace ?
You need to specify "-m your_mapfile" (you give it the name as you want)
option at the end of your command.
I have something like this :

dsrun org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport -a -e
your_e...@dspace.org -c your_collection/655 -s
your_records_repository -m your_mapfile

I hope this helps,
Mickael