[Dspace-tech] Import - Error

Beatriz Langiano

Aug 24, 2015, 2:53:37 PM8/24/15
to DSpace tech list, Duvidas DSpace
Hi all,

I'm trying import an item into dspace (using the item
importer), but I'm having this problem:

Could somebody help me?

Adding items from directory:
/home/dspace/dspace-plugin/dc-import
Generating mapfile: mapfile
Adding item from directory 1
/home/dspace/dspace-plugin/dc-import/1/dublin_core.xml
Element: source Qualifier: Value:
oai:ufpr.br:197746
Element: date Qualifier: created Value:
2005-05-19
Element: format Qualifier: mimetype Value:
text
Element: source Qualifier: uri Value:
http://200.17.209.5:8000/cgi-bin/gw_42_13/chameleon.42.13a?host=localhost%201111%20DEFAULT&sessionid=VTLS&function=CARDSCR&search=KEYWORD&pos=1&u1=12101&t1=197746
Element: language Qualifier: iso Value: po
Element: contributor Qualifier: author Value:
Gelati, Fernando
Element: title Qualifier: none Value: Os
aspectos político-militares do império
romano ocidental na crônica de Idácio (379-469) /
Element: date Qualifier: issued Value: 2004
Element: description Qualifier: abstract
Value: Orientador: Renan Frighetto
Element: description Qualifier: abstract
Value: Dissertaç?o (mestrado) -
Universidade Federal do Paraná, Setor de Ci?ncias
Humanas, Letras e Artes, Programa
de Pós-Graduaç?o em História. Defesa: Curitiba, 2004
Element: description Qualifier: abstract
Value: Inclui bibliografia
Element: contributor Qualifier: other Value:
Frighetto, Renan
Element: contributor Qualifier: other Value:
Universidade Federal do Paraná. Setor
de Ci?ncias Humanas, Letras e Artes.Programa de
Pós-Graduaç?o em História.
Processing contents file:
/home/dspace/dspace-plugin/dc-import/1/contents
java.io.IOException: No such file or directory
at
java.io.UnixFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native
Method)
at java.io.File.createNewFile(File.java:827)
at
org.dspace.storage.bitstore.BitstreamStorageManager.store(BitstreamStorageManager.java:205)
at
org.dspace.content.Bitstream.create(Bitstream.java:185)
at
org.dspace.content.Bundle.createBitstream(Bundle.java:369)
at
org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport.processContentFileEntry(ItemImport.java:742)
at
org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport.processContentsFile(ItemImport.java:690)
at
org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport.addItem(ItemImport.java:456)
at
org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport.addItems(ItemImport.java:334)
at
org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport.main(ItemImport.java:282)
java.io.IOException: No such file or directory

Thanks, Beatriz

Beatriz Langiano
Mestrado em Informática
Universidade Federal do Paraná - Brasil

Jim Downing

Aug 24, 2015, 2:53:37 PM8/24/15
to dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi Beatriz,

On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 08:23 -0300, Beatriz Langiano wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying import an item into dspace (using the item
> importer), but I'm having this problem:
>
> Could somebody help me?

> Adding items from directory:
> /home/dspace/dspace-plugin/dc-import
> Generating mapfile: mapfile
> Adding item from directory 1
> /home/dspace/dspace-plugin/dc-import/1/dublin_core.xml

Have you checked the permissions? If not, could you post the outputs of
these commands please: -

$ whoami
$ ls -l /home/dspace/dspace-plugin/dc-import/1/

Best regards,
jim

--
Jim Downing <oj...@cam.ac.uk>
DSpace@Cambridge

xaq...@udc.es

Aug 24, 2015, 2:53:38 PM8/24/15
to dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi,

We need to validate dublin_core.xml, so, exists a DTD, schema, etc, to do it?
And, by the way, which xml editor recomend?, a easy editor, not emacs :-)

Thanks

Xaquín Lores

Correo enviado usando el servicio de Webmail del SIAIN

Jim Downing

Aug 24, 2015, 2:53:39 PM8/24/15
to dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi Xaquín,

On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 15:41 +0200, xaq...@udc.es wrote:
> We need to validate dublin_core.xml, so, exists a DTD, schema, etc, to do it?
> And, by the way, which xml editor recomend?, a easy editor, not emacs :-)

As far as I know there's not DTD, but the format is documented in the
technical docs.

The XML Buddy plugin for eclipse is OK, but it isn't a patch on
nxml-mode for emacs ;-)

Beatriz Langiano

Aug 24, 2015, 2:53:40 PM8/24/15
to DSpace tech list
Hi Jim,
When I run these commands, the outputs are:

dspace

total 0
-rwxr-xr-x 1 dspace dspace 0 2005-06-17 09:59
contents
-rw-r--r-- 1 dspace dspace 0 2005-06-17 09:58
dublin_core.xml

Thanks Jim, Beatriz

Jim Downing

Aug 24, 2015, 2:53:46 PM8/24/15

On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 12:50 -0300, Beatriz Langiano wrote:
> > $ whoami
> > $ ls -l /home/dspace/dspace-plugin/dc-import/1/
>
> > Best regards,
> > jim
>

> When I run these commands, the outputs are:
>
> dspace
>
> total 0
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 dspace dspace 0 2005-06-17 09:59
> contents
> -rw-r--r-- 1 dspace dspace 0 2005-06-17 09:58

Sorry, I was looking in the wrong place. If it is a permissions problem,
it's a problem with the ownership of a directory in the assetstore. If
you've got a standard assetstore, see whether

$ cd $DSPACE_HOME
$ chown -R dspace.dspace assetstore

improves things.

Scott Phillips

Aug 24, 2015, 2:53:48 PM8/24/15
to xaq...@udc.es, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Well if emacs is too difficult, I guess I should keep quite about vi.

However, if you're not operating over just SSH and have X or Windows/Mac
then I suggest Oxygen XML Editor. We use it here for all of our XML &
XSLT development and it works well. They have steep discounts for
academic institutions.

http://www.oxygenxml.com/

Scott--

Richard Jones

Aug 24, 2015, 2:54:24 PM8/24/15
to Jim Downing, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi,

I am having a possibly related problem on 1.2.2:

Processing contents file: /opt/dspace/eksark-
data/1001/1965/2635/contents
Bitstream: Table-of-Contents.html Bundle: ORIGINAL
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /opt/dspace/eksark-
data/1001/1965/2635/license.txt (No such file or directory)
at org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport.processContentFileEntry
(ItemImport.java:931)
at org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport.processContentsFile
(ItemImport.java:907)
at org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport.addItem
(ItemImport.java:598)
at org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport.addItems
(ItemImport.java:465)
at org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport.main
(ItemImport.java:374)
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /opt/dspace/eksark-
data/1001/1965/2635/license.txt (No such file or directory)

[richard@ubbtilv067115 bin]$ cat /opt/dspace/eksark-
data/1001/1965/2635/license.txt

Deposited in EksArk on behalf of the author at the University of Bergen

[richard@ubbtilv067115 bin]$

I've checked the file existence and given it 777 permission with no
success. Interestingly, the contents file seems to read fine, with the
default permissions. I am starting to suspect SELinux of sticking its
oar in, as it seems to be at the root of all weird permissions problems.

Anyone ever solve this?

Cheers,
Richard
-------
Richard Jones |
Overingeniør | Senior Engineer
Universitetsbiblioteket i Bergen | University of Bergen Library

e: richar...@ub.uib.no
t: +47 55 58 25 37

BORA: http://bora.uib.no/

Richard Jones

Aug 24, 2015, 2:54:26 PM8/24/15
to Jim Downing, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
For reference, this problem was actually a problem with the contents
file. I'd used two tabs to separate license.txt from bundle:LICENSE,
which it didn't like.

Cheers,

Richard Jones

Aug 24, 2015, 2:55:13 PM8/24/15
to Jim Downing, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi,

> >For reference, this problem was actually a problem with the contents
> >file. I'd used two tabs to separate license.txt from bundle:LICENSE,
> >which it didn't like.
> >

> How the hell did this cause a FileNotFoundException? That's really
> shocking exception handling, and we should clean it up.

It was looking for /my/path/licence.txt[\t]

This is a rather weird thing to do anyway. We probably just want to run
String.trim() at some point in this code. I'll see if I can check in a
fix for this.

Cheers,