[Dspace-tech] Failed mvn package

Gary Browne

Aug 25, 2015, 10:45:37 AM8/25/15
to dspace-tech
Hi people

I'm trying to install 1.5. When I do a mvn package, i get the following:

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin' does not exist or no valid version could be found
The first time I tried it, there was something about being blacklisted. Woah, that's pretty heavy, man. I mean I'm just trying to install dspace. Really, I'm a nice guy.

I've done a search on google and all I could find were pointers to problems with proxy configuration. I tried setting up a settings.xml file under user_home/.mvn to no avail.

Anyone else had this problem? Any hints?

Thanks
Gary

Gary Browne
Development Programmer

Library IT Services
University of Sydney
ph: 9351-5946

Lucia de la Iglesia Chamarro

Aug 25, 2015, 10:45:38 AM8/25/15
to dspace-tech
Gary,
I've had the same error and I've fixed it like this:
1.- Specify proxies in settings.xml at <maven>/conf directory.
2.- Execute 'maven -U package' in order of getting the last revision of
each package.
I hope this helps you.

Lucía

Gary Browne wrote:
> Hi people
>
> I'm trying to install 1.5. When I do a mvn package, i get the following:
>

> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin' does not
> exist or no valid version could be found
> The first time I tried it, there was something about being blacklisted.
> Woah, that's pretty heavy, man. I mean I'm just trying to install
> dspace. Really, I'm a nice guy.
>
> I've done a search on google and all I could find were pointers to
> problems with proxy configuration. I tried setting up a settings.xml
> file under user_home/.mvn to no avail.
>
> Anyone else had this problem? Any hints?
>
> Thanks
> Gary
>

> //
> Gary Browne
> Development Programmer
> Library IT Services
> University of Sydney
> ph: 9351-5946

> Use priority code J8TL2D2.

Gary Browne

Aug 25, 2015, 10:45:48 AM8/25/15
to dspace-tech
Hi Lucia/Alvaro,

Thanks for your replies. Lucia:

Gary,

I've had the same error and I've fixed it like this:

1.- Specify proxies in settings.xml at <maven>/conf directory.

2.- Execute 'maven -U package' in order of getting the last revision of each package.

I hope this helps you.

I tried this and unfortunately it didn't work.

Alvaro, could you (or someone on the list) perhaps give a little more detail on what needs to be setup with maven as far as loading plugins ie: where to get them, what to get, what to put where once you have downloaded them, etc.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Gary

Gary Browne
Development Programmer

Library IT Services
University of Sydney
Aug 25, 2015, 10:45:49 AM8/25/15
to dspace-tech
Hi,

I am getting the folllowing output and error. If I was to download the 'maven-site-plugin' manually where do it I do this and where do I put it.

Thanks

Hamish

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Reactor build order:
[INFO]   DSpace Addon Modules
[INFO]   DSpace XML-UI (Manakin) :: Web Application
[INFO]   DSpace LNI :: Web Application
[INFO]   DSpace OAI :: Web Application
[INFO]   DSpace JSP-UI :: Web Application
[INFO]   DSpace SWORD :: Web Application
[INFO]   DSpace Assembly and Configuration
[INFO] Building DSpace Addon Modules
[INFO]    task-segment: [package]
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin: checking for updates from central
[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin' could not be retrieved from repository: central due to an error: Error transferring file
[INFO] Repository 'central' will be blacklisted

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin' does not exist or no valid version could be found
[INFO] Total time: 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Mon Apr 14 12:26:52 CST 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/3M

Aug 25, 2015, 10:45:51 AM8/25/15
to Stuart Lewis, dspace-tech

Hi

I am behind a web proxy but I have set it up globally at MAVEN_HOME/conf/settings.xml

Maven version: 2.0.8
Java version: 1.5.0_14

Below is the print out with -e flag

Thanks

Hamish

+ Error stacktraces are turned on.
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Reactor build order:
[INFO] DSpace Addon Modules
[INFO] DSpace XML-UI (Manakin) :: Web Application
[INFO] DSpace LNI :: Web Application
[INFO] DSpace OAI :: Web Application
[INFO] DSpace JSP-UI :: Web Application
[INFO] DSpace SWORD :: Web Application
[INFO] DSpace Assembly and Configuration
[INFO] Building DSpace Addon Modules
[INFO] task-segment: [package]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin' does not exist or no valid version could be found
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin' does not exist or no valid version could be found
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyPlugin(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1286)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.getMojoDescriptor(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1522)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.bindLifecycleForPackaging(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1016)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.constructLifecycleMappings(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:980)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:458)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:278)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:143)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:333)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:126)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.version.PluginVersionNotFoundException: The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin' does not exist or no valid version could be found
at org.apache.maven.plugin.version.DefaultPluginVersionManager.resolvePluginVersion(DefaultPluginVersionManager.java:229)
at org.apache.maven.plugin.version.DefaultPluginVersionManager.resolvePluginVersion(DefaultPluginVersionManager.java:91)
at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.verifyPlugin(DefaultPluginManager.java:167)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyPlugin(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1257)
... 18 more
[INFO] Total time: < 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Mon Apr 14 15:36:34 CST 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/4M

Aug 25, 2015, 10:45:52 AM8/25/15
to dspace-tech
Hi Stuart

Yep, got one of those settings.xml files - tried it in ~/.m2/ and ~/.m2/conf (as suggested by Lucia).

<settings>
<proxies>
<proxy>
<active>true</active>
<protocol>http</protocol>
<host>www-cache.usyd.edu.au</host>
<port>8080</port>
</proxy>
</proxies>
</settings>

I tried turning stacktrace on, please see attached file for output.

I'm using Maven 2.0.8.

Thanks
Gary

Gary Browne
Development Programmer
Library IT Services
University of Sydney
ph: 9351-5946

exception.txt

Stuart Lewis

Aug 25, 2015, 10:45:53 AM8/25/15
to dspace-tech
Hi Gary / Hamish,

> Yep, got one of those settings.xml files - tried it in ~/.m2/ and ~/.m2/conf
> (as suggested by Lucia).
>
> I tried turning stacktrace on, please see attached file for output.
>
> I'm using Maven 2.0.8.

I've just tried a fresh checkout, and with the proxy settings removed I get
the same error message as you do. With the proxy settings enabled the build
works OK. (Remove ~/.m2/repository between unsuccessful builds to make sure
it is clean).

Unfortunately there seems to be no way of asking maven to tell you what
settings it is using to confirm it has picked the settings up OK.

Have you tried explicitly pointing to your settings file:

mvn -s ~/.m2/settings.xml package

Sandoval, Alvaro

Aug 25, 2015, 10:45:58 AM8/25/15
to dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net

Hi Gary:

You can find the maven-site-plugin in the following URL:

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-site-plugin/

Download the directory 2.06beta and the file maven-metadata-central.xml into this directory:

/home/dspace/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-site-plugin/

And then run ‘mvn package’

I had problems with missing classes, when I tried to ran the command: create-administrator

I had to download every missing class, and include them into CLASSPATH variable.

So what I did:

- Include the following directory in the CLASSPATH: [dspace-dir]/dspace-api/target/classes

- I downloaded the following classes, and included them into CLASSPATH:

apache-log4j-1.2.15

commons-cli-1.1

commons-pool-1.3

commons-dbcp-1.2.2

postgresql-8.1-412.jdbc3

JavaMail API 1.4.1

I hope that helps you.

Regards,

Alvaro

I fixed downloading the specified plugin from the repository into the local repository. Then ran ‘mvn package’ again, and everything went perfect.

Regards,

Alvaro

Aug 25, 2015, 10:46:00 AM8/25/15
to dspace-tech
Hi Hamish / Gary,

Once the everything is downloaded it should be in its correct place and you
don¹t need to move anything.

Are you behind a web proxy? If so, do you have something similar to this in
your settings.xml file? (Either stored centrally of in ~/.m2/settings.xml):

<settings>
<proxies>
<proxy>
<id>optional</id>
<active>true</active>
<protocol>http</protocol>
<username>proxyuser</username>
<password>proxypass</password>
<host>wwwcache.example.com</host>
<port>8080</port>
<nonProxyHosts>localhost,*.example.com</nonProxyHosts>
</proxy>
</proxies>
</settings>

Using mvn's -e flag might help give a better error message. What version of
maven are you using?

Thanks,

Stuart

Gwasanaethau Gwybodaeth Information Services
Prifysgol Aberystwyth Aberystwyth University

E-bost / E-mail: Stuart...@aber.ac.uk
Ffon / Tel: (01970) 622860

On 14/04/2008 04:02, "Brett, Hamish" <Hamish...@dsto.defence.gov.au>
>> I fixed downloading the specified plugin from the repository into the local
>> repository. Then ran Œmvn package¹ again, and everything went perfect.
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Alvaro

Gary Browne

Aug 25, 2015, 10:46:29 AM8/25/15
to DSpace Tech
Hi all,

I followed Alvaro's instructions and it worked. Thanks a lot.

Mark, I used the <proxy> tag in settings.xml on the advice of Stuart
Lewis, since I am behind a proxy.

Cheers
Gary

Gary Browne