[Dspace-tech] Re : Error In Creating Admin

1 view

Hardik Mishra

Aug 25, 2015, 1:12:40 PM8/25/15
to rmorge...@iway.na, Tech List

Can u please tell what java version are you using ?

It might be a problem with older java versions.

--
Best Regards
Hardik Mishra

http://bit.ly/uJ60P - Join Us on Facebook
http://www.twitter.com/webinito - Follow us on Twitter

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to catch fish and you feed him for a lifetime
.

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 11:27:26 +1300
From: Stuart Lewis <s.l...@auckland.ac.nz>
Subject: Re: [Dspace-tech] Creating administrator account error
To: "rmorge...@iway.na" <rmorge...@iway.na>
Cc: "Dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net"
       <Dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net>

Hi Renate,

We've just been discussing this on the #dspace IRC channel, as it is a
strange problem.

> When attempting to create the administrator account I run into
> an error.
> Any suggestion what we could do?
>
> dspace@ir1:/usr/local/dspace/
bin$ ./create-administrator
> Creating an initial administrator account
> E-mail address:
> First name:
> Last name:
> WARNING: Password will appear on-screen.
> Password:
> Again to confirm:
> Is the above data correct? (y or n): y
>       at java.util.regex.Matcher.getTextLength(Matcher.java:1140)
>       at java.util.regex.Matcher.reset(Matcher.java:291)
>       at java.util.regex.Matcher.<init>(Matcher.java:211)
>       at java.util.regex.Pattern.matcher(Pattern.java:888)
>       at
> org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager.findByUnique
> (DatabaseManager.java:475)

Can you check in your Postgres (or Oracle) database that all the
DSpace tables have been created successfully? The main table to check
for this problem is 'eperson'.

Thanks,

Stuart Lewis
IT Innovations Analyst and Developer
Te Tumu Herenga The University of Auckland Library
Auckland Mail Centre, Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand
Ph: 64 9 373-7599 x81928
http://www.library.auckland.ac.nz/