[Dspace-tech] RSS feed error

Jeffrey Trimble

Aug 25, 2015, 10:37:20 AM8/25/15
to dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
I'm receiving a RSS feed error, and I cannot for the life of me
figure out what it is looking for.  My RSS feeds for my own use
are working fine.

An internal server error occurred on http://dspace.maag.ysu.edu:8080/dspace:

Date:       2/26/08 10:55 AM
Session ID: BD2C47D97B3048A71E997E893B793786

-- Method: GET
-- Parameters were:

Exception:
java.io.IOException: Invalid rss_2.0 feed, missing channel description
at org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.FeedServlet.doDSGet(FeedServlet.java:268)
at org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.DSpaceServlet.processRequest(DSpaceServlet.java:151)
at org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.DSpaceServlet.doGet(DSpaceServlet.java:99)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Jeffrey Trimble
Systems Librarian
Maag Library
Youngstown State University
330-941-2483 (Office)

Glenn Bunton

Aug 25, 2015, 10:37:21 AM8/25/15
to dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Version 1.3.2

When someone registers and tries the link they receive in the email that
looks something like this

https://myurl/dspace/register?token=.....

it times out with a message that it can't connect.

Any ideas of what to look for?

Also, where is the text for the email message that is sent upon
registration that has the line shown above? I need to change the contents
of that message because it refers to dspac...@myu.edu

Thanks in advance.

==================================
Mr. Glenn Bunton
Head of Systems Development
Old Dominion University Libraries
Norfolk, Virginia 23529
gbu...@odu.edu
(757) 683-5952
===================================

Claudia Juergen

Aug 25, 2015, 10:37:22 AM8/25/15
to Glenn Bunton, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi Glenn,

are you sure your dspace.url in the dspace.cfg corresponds to your
deployment?

The email templates can be found in:
[dspace-source ]/ config / emails

The one for registration is called "register".
Change it and run ant init_configs, to have the changes copied over to
your installation directory.

hope that helps

Claudia

Mark Diggory

Aug 25, 2015, 10:37:23 AM8/25/15
to Jeffrey Trimble, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Missing Channel Description errors occur when the collection or
community in question does not have a description.

Jayan Chirayath Kurian

Aug 25, 2015, 10:38:47 AM8/25/15
to Claudia Juergen, Glenn Bunton, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hello,

Email message can be customized using the template at
[dspace]/config/emails. Please suggest how the arguments (i.e {0}, {4}
...) are specified and how it can be changed. Is there a way to specify
a hyperlink in the existing email template?

Cheers!
Jayan

Subject: DSpace: Submission Rejected

You submitted: {0}

To collection: {1}

Your submission has been rejected by {2}
with the following explanation:

{3}

Your submission has not been deleted. You can access it from your

"My DSpace" page: {4}

DSpace