[Dspace-tech] Stats-log-converter on windows

Edgaras

Aug 25, 2015, 1:53:07 PM8/25/15
to dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi,

I can't get stats-log-converter to work.

1. When i use:
dsrun org.dspace.statistics.util.ClassicDSpaceLogConverter
-i [dspace_dir]\log\dspace.log* -o [dspace_dir]\log_new\ -m -v

I get this:
---------------
Using DSpace installation in: [dspace_dir]
dspace.log
About to convert '[dspace_dir]\log\dspace.log' to '[dspace_dir]\log_new\'
Exception: Illegal/unsupported escape sequence near index 10
[dspace_dir]\log\dspace.log
^
java.util.regex.PatternSyntaxException: Illegal/unsupported escape
sequence nea
index 10
[dspace_dir]\log\dspace.log
^
at java.util.regex.Pattern.error(Unknown Source)
at java.util.regex.Pattern.escape(Unknown Source)
at java.util.regex.Pattern.atom(Unknown Source)
at java.util.regex.Pattern.sequence(Unknown Source)
at java.util.regex.Pattern.expr(Unknown Source)
at java.util.regex.Pattern.compile(Unknown Source)
at java.util.regex.Pattern.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.util.regex.Pattern.compile(Unknown Source)
at
org.dspace.app.statistics.LogAnalyser.setRegex(LogAnalyser.java:859)
at
org.dspace.statistics.util.ClassicDSpaceLogConverter.convert(Classic
SpaceLogConverter.java:123)
at
org.dspace.statistics.util.ClassicDSpaceLogConverter.main(ClassicDSp
ceLogConverter.java:382)
at
org.dspace.app.launcher.ScriptLauncher.main(ScriptLauncher.java:194)
---------------

2. If i try to escape "\":
dsrun org.dspace.statistics.util.ClassicDSpaceLogConverter
-i D:\\DSpace\\log\\dspace.log* -o D:\\DSpace\\log_new\\ -m -v

I get this:
---------------
Using DSpace installation in: [dspace_dir]
dspace.log
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException:
String ind
ex out of range: -3
at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
at
org.dspace.statistics.util.ClassicDSpaceLogConverter.main(ClassicDSpa
ceLogConverter.java:379)
---------------

Quoting paths with " or ' doesn't help either.

--
Thanks

Peter Dietz

Aug 25, 2015, 1:53:07 PM8/25/15
to Edgaras, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net

Are you literally typing [dspace-dir] ? That is pretend for where DSpace is installed, which is likely /dspace or c:/dspace so you need to enter a valid location.

euler

Aug 26, 2015, 2:21:58 PM8/26/15
to dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi,

I'm curious, did you resolved this issue? I'm having the same issue when I
tried to convert my dspace log files. I noticed that if I don't use the -m
flag and use individual log file, the converter worked. If ever you did
solved this issue, I would be grateful if you could share the steps how to
do it.

Thanks in advance,
euler