[Dspace-tech] FW: dspace upgrade - please help!!!

1 view

Richard Jones

Aug 24, 2015, 2:22:29 PM8/24/15
to dspace-devel, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Forwarded on behalf of Iris ....

Has anyone else found this problem with 1.2.2 beta 1?

Richard
-------
Richard Jones
Information Systems Developer + A crash reduces
Edinburgh University Library + your expensive computer
Information Systems + to a simple stone

e: r.d....@ed.ac.uk
t: 0131 651 3811

Edinburgh Research Archive: http://www.era.lib.ed.ac.uk/
Tapir on SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tapir-eul
Theses Alive! homepage: http://www.thesesalive.ac.uk/

Aug 24, 2015, 2:22:44 PM8/24/15
to Iris....@jpl.nasa.gov, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi Iris,

I haven't come across this before but it looks like there's a problem with the submission process working out where it's up to in the submission process. Are there any customisations which may be causing this problem?

Can you post exactly the process you are going through to do this - e.g. MyDSpace -> Start Submission button -> etc etc as I haven't been able to replicate this.

Scott.
--__--__--

Larry Stone

Aug 24, 2015, 2:22:46 PM8/24/15
to Scott Yeadon, Iris....@jpl.nasa.gov, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
> I haven't come across this before but it looks like there's a problem with the submission process working out where it's up to in the submission process. Are there any customisations which may be causing this problem?

That's a good thought: The customizable-submission changes in 1.2.2
included a change in the parameters required by /submit/progressbar.js
-- it must have parameters current_stage, stage_reached, and md_pages.
I think "md_pages" was added for the customizable submission forms,
since there is no longer a fixed number of pages, and leaving that out
would cause a NumberFormatException.

So, if your site has localized JSPs they probably need to be updated.
See jsp/submit/edit-metadata.jsp for an example of the new way to
call the progressbar page.

-- Larry

[...]