[Dspace-tech] adding cosing to manakin

Blanco, Jose

Aug 25, 2015, 4:54:37 PM8/25/15
to dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
I have cosign running in my jspui, and I'm trying to run it now in xmlui, so I added the following to the xmui web.xml file:

<filter>
<filter-name>Cosign Authentication Filter</filter-name>
<filter-class>edu.umich.auth.cosign.CosignAuthenticationFilterIII</filter-class>
<init-param>
<param-name>Cosign.ConfigurationFile</param-name>
<param-value>/l1/dspace/repository/dev/config/cosignConfigBlancoj.xml</param-value>
</init-param>

<init-param>
<param-name>Auth.JAASConfigurationFile</param-name>
<param-value>/l/local/apache-tomcat/conf/jaas.conf</param-value>
</init-param>

</filter>

<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>webiso-login</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/webiso-login</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

<filter-mapping>
<filter-name>Cosign Authentication Filter</filter-name>
<url-pattern>/webiso-login</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>

And I'm getting this error:

SEVERE: Parse error in application web.xml file at jndi:/blancoj.dev.deepblue.lib.umich.edu/WEB-INF/web.xml
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Filter mapping specifies an unknown filter name Cosign Authentication Filter
at org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java:2726)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java:2752)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester.endElement(Digester.java:1061)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(AbstractSAXParser.java:601)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1782)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:2938)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:648)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:511)

===
I don't kwow why it can't find it. It finds it just fine in jspui. Do I need to change something in one of the pom.xml files?

-Jose

Mark Diggory

Aug 25, 2015, 4:54:42 PM8/25/15
to Blanco, Jose, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Yes, you need to look for the dependency for cosign in your jspui pom.xml and add it to your xmlui pom.xml

Best,
Mark

Mark R. Diggory
@mire - www.atmire.com
2888 Loker Avenue East - Suite 305 - Carlsbad - CA - 92010
Esperantolaan 4 - Heverlee 3001 - Belgium

Blanco, Jose

Aug 25, 2015, 4:54:45 PM8/25/15
to dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net

Mark,  the dspace/pom.xml is the only place that the jscosign is listed, and it seems like it would hold for all the apps.

Take a look.

pom.xml

Mark Diggory

Aug 25, 2015, 4:54:54 PM8/25/15
to Blanco, Jose, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
No, each webapp needs to list its needed dependencies separately. Listing cosign as a dependency in dspace/pom.xml will only place it into the commandline application lib directory.

Tim Donohue

Aug 25, 2015, 4:57:42 PM8/25/15
to Blanco, Jose, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi Jose,

It seems like there are few options (that come to my mind):

(1) The more "official" way: Create your own XMLUI Aspect which can
handle the Cosign authentication. This would be similar to the existing
EPerson Aspect (see the org.dspace.app.xmlui.aspect.eperson.* classes)
which handles authentication via LDAP, Shib, etc. This XMLUI Aspect
also uses the DSpace Authentication Plugins from
org.dspace.authenticate.* to actually perform the authentication &
report whether it was successful or not.

For more info on creating aspects, see some of the XMLUI Customization
guides here:
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DSpaceResources#DSpaceResources-Guides

The "official" way is the way the core Committers would likely do this,
as it's something that would be supported across all DSpace sites, and
actually uses the Authentication Plugins which also work for JSPUI, etc.

But, if you just wanted to get it working for Michigan, then you could
also choose...

(2) The "unofficial" way: As you mentioned, Cocoon is really just a
servlet. So, it is possible to run other servlets alongside it. So, you
can run your existing cosign servlet alongside Cocoon as a completely
separate servlet (e.g. at /webiso-login path). I think this would work
as long as you were able to pass back some flag to let DSpace know the
person authenticated correctly. (You've probably already done this in
some way in your JSPUI implementation of this work...so, it likely would
be similar logic to that)

Again, that's just off the top of my head. Which way you choose is
entirely up to you.

Good luck,

- Tim

On 7/11/2011 8:36 AM, Blanco, Jose wrote:
> Any suggestions? Really stuck here.

Robin Taylor

Aug 25, 2015, 5:15:31 PM8/25/15
to Blanco, Jose, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi Jose,

See attached. The web.xml is where you configure Cosign as a filter. The
Sitemap is where you configure your Action to look for the credentials
that should have been added to the request by Cosign. Please excuse any
dodgy debugging code left in the source.

Please ask if you have any questions.

Cheers, Robin.

On Tue, 2011-10-04 at 16:10 +0100, Blanco, Jose wrote:
> Robin,
>
> When you get a chance could you send me the Action code and the sitemap you used to get cosign running in the xmlui environment. I'd like to give it a try.
>
> Thank you!
> Jose

LoginChecker.java
sitemap.xmap
web.xml

Blanco, Jose

Aug 25, 2015, 5:15:39 PM8/25/15
to Blanco, Jose, Robin Taylor, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Robin, I think I have something wrong in my consignConfig.xml file. Could you send me yours.

Thanks!
Jose

Will do. Unfortunately I'm on holiday for the next two weeks and don't have access to the source code so there will be a delay.

Cheers.

>> Mark, I'm getting closer, now I can get the cosign page and login
>> successfully, but what I did is map the /webiso-login to the servlet
>> Cocoon.
>>

>> <servlet-mapping>
>>
>> <servlet-name>Cocoon</servlet-name>
>>
>> <url-pattern>/webiso-login</url-pattern>
>>
>> </servlet-mapping>
>>

>> In the jsp environment I had it mapped to a specifc servlet that did
>> some special things, but I'm not sure how to do this in the xmlui
>> environment. In the xmlui area there is only one servlet - Cocoon.
>> Where do I put my jspui servlet code to handle auth? As you can tell
>> I'm new to Cocoon.
>>

>> Thank you!
>>
>> Jose

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

Blanco, Jose

dspace-xmlui/dspace-xmlui-webapp/src/main/webapp

Robin, Is this the sitemap that goes in:

dspace-xmlui/dspace-xmlui-api/src/main/resources/aspects/EPerson

Robin, Is this the sitemap that goes in:

dspace-xmlui/dspace-xmlui-api/src/main/resources/aspects/EPerson

Robin, I have not made much progress with this. Do you have any idea as to what might be happening.

Thank you!
Jose

Aug 25, 2015, 5:16:16 PM8/25/15
to Robin Taylor, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
I see now it's from:

dspace-xmlui/dspace-xmlui-webapp/src/main/webapp

Blanco, Jose

Aug 25, 2015, 5:22:14 PM8/25/15
to dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net

Any suggestions?  Really stuck here.

Can you post the Action code and the sitemap you used here? I think
Jose needs to see this in a complete context. Likewise, maybe its
something we can write a cosine authenticator addon for future dspace
releases.

Mark

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 8:22 AM, Robin Taylor <robin....@ed.ac.uk> wrote:
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-d2d-c2