[Dspace-tech] column a.oid does not exist

1 view

Fatih Oguz

Aug 24, 2015, 4:34:57 PM8/24/15
to dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi,

We are getting this error message and don't know what it means.

We edited postgresql.conf file and set "default_with_oids" = on, but
this did not help.

We have our dspace installation on a sun machine:
SunOS varro 5.9 Generic_118558-28 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraAX-i2

Any suggestions?

---------------------------------

Exception occurred:java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: column a.oid does not
exist

java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: column a.oid does not exist

at org.postgresql.Connection.ExecSQL(Connection.java:533)
at org.postgresql.Connection.ExecSQL(Connection.java:400)
at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.DatabaseMetaData.getColumns(DatabaseMetaData.java:1894)
at
org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager.retrieveColumnInfo(DatabaseManager.java:1536)
at
org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager.getColumnInfoInternal(DatabaseManager.java:1498)
at
org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager.getColumnInfo(DatabaseManager.java:890)
at
org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager.getPrimaryKeyColumnInfo(DatabaseManager.java:1348)
at
org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager.getPrimaryKeyColumn(DatabaseManager.java:1330)
at
org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager.find(DatabaseManager.java:612)
at org.dspace.eperson.Group.find(Group.java:635)
at
org.dspace.administer.CreateAdministrator.main(CreateAdministrator.java:142)

Thanks

Fatih Oguz
Valdosta State University

Jim Downing

Aug 24, 2015, 4:35:02 PM8/24/15
to Fatih Oguz, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi Fatih,

Fatih Oguz wrote:
> We have our dspace installation on a sun machine:
> SunOS varro 5.9 Generic_118558-28 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraAX-i2
>

> Any suggestions?

More of a guess - it looks like it could be a problem in the driver; is
your postgres driver is the correct version for the database?

> Exception occurred:java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: column a.oid does not
> exist
>
> java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: column a.oid does not exist
>
> at org.postgresql.Connection.ExecSQL(Connection.java:533)
> at org.postgresql.Connection.ExecSQL(Connection.java:400)
> at
> org.postgresql.jdbc2.DatabaseMetaData.getColumns(DatabaseMetaData.java:1894)
> at

Best regards,

jim

George Kozak

Aug 24, 2015, 4:35:05 PM8/24/15
to dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi...

I figured out my import error "java.lang.NullPointerException". If anyone
is interested, it was caused by a null XML field in my dublin_core.xml. I
generated the dublin_core.xml with a script using a template and somehow a
field with nothing in it was created. As luck would have it, it was in the
middle of a lot of XML so I didn't notice it at first.

George Kozak
Coordinator
Web Development and Management
Digital Media Group