[Dspace-tech] My DSpace Postgres permissions problems

1 view

Dorothea Salo

Aug 24, 2015, 3:01:51 PM8/24/15
to dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
I'm stumped. "My DSpace" isn't allowing users to do anything (except
change their profiles) once they log in. I tried a "grant all" command
in psql as suggested in
<http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=9242541>, but
nothing changed.

Running DSpace 1.3 and Postgres on OS X Server. I suspect this happened
during the 1.3 upgrade, but have no proof (except that things worked
fine before said upgrade).

Ideas?

Dorothea

Date: 8/15/05 2:51 PM
Session ID: EFEC80BB58977BCACC6EBFAE970C22DC

-- URL Was: http://phobos.gmu.edu:8080/dspace/mydspace
-- Method: GET
-- Parameters were:

Exception:
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: permission denied for relation
epersongroup2workspaceitem

at
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException.parseServerError(PSQLException.java:139)
at org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor.executeV3(QueryExecutor.java:152)
at org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor.execute(QueryExecutor.java:100)
at org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor.execute(QueryExecutor.java:43)
at

(remainder snipped as unlikely to be helpful)

--
Dorothea Salo, Digital Repository Services Librarian
(703)993-3019 ds...@gmu.edu

Yes, there is life on MARS! <http://mars.gmu.edu/>

Dorothea Salo

Aug 24, 2015, 3:01:51 PM8/24/15
Dorothea Salo wrote:
> I'm stumped. "My DSpace" isn't allowing users to do anything (except
> change their profiles) once they log in. I tried a "grant all" command
> in psql as suggested in
> <http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=9242541>, but
> nothing changed.

Never mind. For the record: start psql as your Postgres superuser and
issue the command

grant all on table epersongroup2workspaceitem to public;

Dorothea