Re: [Dspace-tech] User registration failure

Scott Yeadon

Aug 24, 2015, 3:59:00 PM8/24/15
to Rahul Suryavanshi, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Rahul,

If you're using a secure mail server you need to set
mail.server.username
mail.server.password
in the dspace.cfg file (assuming you're using 1.4, this isn't supported
pre-1.4)

Scott.

Rahul Suryavanshi wrote:

>I have problem while registering a new user.
>
>I get internal server error when i submit an emailid for new user
>registration.
>
>I went through log and found this exception.
>2006-08-29 18:27:38,844 INFO
>org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.RegisterServlet @
>anonymous:session_id=4A7AF21E5A8C38B245C989BAFE15A9F5:sendtoken_register:email=wizr...@gmail.com
>2006-08-29 18:27:39,450 INFO
>org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.RegisterServlet @
>anonymous:session_id=4A7AF21E5A8C38B245C989BAFE15A9F5:error_emailing:email=wizr...@gmail.com
>com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 530 5.7.0 No AUTH command has
>been given.
>
> at
>com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.issueSendCommand(SMTPTransport.java:1275)
> at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.mailFrom(SMTPTransport.java:895)
> at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.sendMessage(SMTPTransport.java:524)
> at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:151)
> at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:80)
> at org.dspace.core.Email.send(Email.java:272)
>

>Any body has idea about this exception or error.
>
>thanks
>rahul

Rahul Suryavanshi

Aug 24, 2015, 3:59:01 PM8/24/15
to Scott Yeadon, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net

I use my college mail server smtpauth.villanova.edu

Do i need to set my username and passowrd which i use to authenciate for
the univ server or set a new one?