Re: [Dspace-tech] Complete auto-import

helix84

Aug 26, 2015, 10:58:01 AM8/26/15
to Alumno Etsii, dspace-tech
Hi Miguel,

yes, content exported that way can also be easily imported. The following page details both export and import and all related aspects:

Regards,
~~helix84

Alumno Etsii

Aug 26, 2015, 10:58:01 AM8/26/15
to dspace-tech
Hi!

My question is regarding to exportation-importation of the whole DSpace site. Currently we're testing DSpace on a test machine, but employees are uploading content that they would wish to have in the production machine once we get that step without uploading everything again.

I've been searching about this and I'm a bit worried - I found a clear and direct way to export the entire site via the dspace command:

$ dspace packager -d -a -t AIP -e my@email -i 123456789/0 export.zip
Once finished I see a lot of zip files -additionally to export.zip- which correspond to the uploaded content. But I haven't found a clear way to import the whole site. Is there actually a way to import all the content as a "batch" process and have the same content in the new machines too?
Any advice is appreciated!
Regards,
Miguel

Alumno Etsii

Aug 26, 2015, 10:58:05 AM8/26/15
to dspace-tech
Thanks for the help, Ivan. Regarding to this I just realized I'm having some problem with the dissemination:

dpsace:/var/www/dspace/bin# ./dspace packager -d -a -t AIP -e mai...@ull.es -i 915/0 e.zip
 INFO [main] (DSpaceKernelInit.java:52) - Created new kernel: DSpaceKernel:org.dspace:name=ec27d1a3-4edd-41eb-990f-96fc84b51219,type=DSpaceKernel:lastLoad=null:loadTime=0:running=false:kernel=null
 INFO [main] (ConfigurationManager.java:1224) - Loading from classloader: file:/opt/www/dspace/config/dspace.cfg
 INFO [main] (ConfigurationManager.java:1224) - Using dspace provided log configuration (log.init.config)
 INFO [main] (ConfigurationManager.java:1224) - Loading: /opt/www/dspace/config/log4j.properties

Disseminating DSpace SITE [ hdl=915/0 ] to e.zip

Also disseminating all child objects (recursive mode)..
This may take a while, please check your logs for ongoing status while we process each package.
Exception: No such file or directory
java.io.IOException: No such file or directory
at java.io.UnixFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
at java.io.File.checkAndCreate(File.java:1717)
at java.io.File.createTempFile0(File.java:1738)
at java.io.File.createTempFile(File.java:1815)
at org.dspace.content.crosswalk.RoleCrosswalk.disseminateElement(RoleCrosswalk.java:186)
at org.dspace.content.packager.AbstractMETSDisseminator.crosswalkToMetsElement(AbstractMETSDisseminator.java:1359)
at org.dspace.content.packager.AbstractMETSDisseminator.makeMdSec(AbstractMETSDisseminator.java:614)
at org.dspace.content.packager.AbstractMETSDisseminator.addToAmdSec(AbstractMETSDisseminator.java:727)
at org.dspace.content.packager.AbstractMETSDisseminator.addAmdSec(AbstractMETSDisseminator.java:753)
at org.dspace.content.packager.AbstractMETSDisseminator.makeManifest(AbstractMETSDisseminator.java:839)
at org.dspace.content.packager.AbstractMETSDisseminator.writeZipPackage(AbstractMETSDisseminator.java:311)
at org.dspace.content.packager.AbstractMETSDisseminator.disseminate(AbstractMETSDisseminator.java:258)
at org.dspace.content.packager.DSpaceAIPDisseminator.disseminate(DSpaceAIPDisseminator.java:160)
at org.dspace.content.packager.AbstractPackageDisseminator.disseminateAll(AbstractPackageDisseminator.java:86)
at org.dspace.app.packager.Packager.disseminate(Packager.java:636)
at org.dspace.app.packager.Packager.main(Packager.java:460)
at org.dspace.app.launcher.ScriptLauncher.main(ScriptLauncher.java:183)

This has been working in the past! Does anyone know why could this be happening?

Thanks again!

helix84

Aug 26, 2015, 10:58:12 AM8/26/15
to Alumno Etsii, dspace-tech
Check the value of your "upload.temp.dir" configuration property and make sure the user your Tomcat runs under has the permission to write there.

Alumno Etsii

Aug 26, 2015, 10:58:18 AM8/26/15
to dspace-tech

2013/5/28 helix84 <hel...@centrum.sk>