[Dspace-tech] Dspace Error

Bodnar Robert

Aug 26, 2015, 12:15:06 PM8/26/15
to dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Dear all,
I have again a problem with an error, could you help me pls figure out
what is the problem with the software?

Tried to run a filter-media and got the following error.
(nothing changed on the server since the last run of the command)

Thank you very much for you help!
Best regards,
Bodnar Robert

ERROR filtering, skipping bitstream:

Item Handle: 123456789/47380
Bundle Name: ORIGINAL
File Size: 4143137
Checksum: cc59060c4e30db9c3c7971355a516a6c (MD5)
Asset Store: 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDFontFactory.createFont(PDFontFactory.java:101)
at
org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDFontFactory.createFont(PDFontFactory.java:76)
at
org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.PDResources.getFonts(PDResources.java:115)
at
org.apache.pdfbox.util.PDFStreamEngine.processSubStream(PDFStreamEngine.java:227)
at
org.apache.pdfbox.util.PDFStreamEngine.processStream(PDFStreamEngine.java:208)
at
org.apache.pdfbox.util.PDFTextStripper.processPage(PDFTextStripper.java:378)
at
org.apache.pdfbox.util.PDFTextStripper.processPages(PDFTextStripper.java:302)
at
org.apache.pdfbox.util.PDFTextStripper.writeText(PDFTextStripper.java:258)
at
org.dspace.app.mediafilter.PDFFilter.getDestinationStream(PDFFilter.java:101)
at
org.dspace.app.mediafilter.MediaFilterManager.processBitstream(MediaFilterManager.java:737)
at
org.dspace.app.mediafilter.MediaFilterManager.filterBitstream(MediaFilterManager.java:561)
at
org.dspace.app.mediafilter.MediaFilterManager.filterItem(MediaFilterManager.java:511)
at
org.dspace.app.mediafilter.MediaFilterManager.applyFiltersItem(MediaFilterManager.java:479)
at
org.dspace.app.mediafilter.MediaFilterManager.applyFiltersAllItems(MediaFilterManager.java:414)
at
org.dspace.app.mediafilter.MediaFilterManager.main(MediaFilterManager.java:333)
at
at
at
org.dspace.app.launcher.ScriptLauncher.main(ScriptLauncher.java:183)

helix84

Aug 26, 2015, 12:15:09 PM8/26/15
to bodnar...@bcucluj.ro, dspace-tech
On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 9:07 AM, Bodnar Robert <bodnar...@bcucluj.ro> wrote:
> I have again a problem with an error, could you help me pls figure out
> what is the problem with the software?

Hi Robert,

the problem is not with the software - not with DSpace. DSpace uses a
library called Apache PDFBox to extract the text from PDFs. This
library can't extract the text from this particular file, most
commonly this is due to the PDF either being damaged or in a format it
can't work with (PDF is a container that can contain various types of
content). Perhaps this can shed light on this particular error, even
though it might not help you resolve it:

http://forum.openkm.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8187

If you need (e.g. you have many files in this format), you might try
asking on the PDFBox mailing list why this happens and how to work
around it (that will almost surely involve changing the process of how
you generate the PDF).

Anyway, if PDFBox reports an error for a particular PDF, DSpace skips
indexing it and continues with the next file.

Regards,
~~helix84

Eric Martyns

Aug 26, 2015, 2:46:05 PM8/26/15
to dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi,
please you assistance is needed
In trying to register an E-Person the error below occurs

An error has occurred

Go to Repository home

java.mail.AuthenticationFailedException:
Cocoon stacktrace [show]

Java stacktrace [show]

Java full stacktrace [show]

and uploading a file the following error occurs

An error has occurred

Go to Repository home

java.io.IOException: No such file or directory

Cocoon stacktrace [show]

Java stacktrace [show]

Java full stacktrace [show]

How do i resolve this.

Thanks

Mark H. Wood

Aug 26, 2015, 2:46:07 PM8/26/15
On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 03:16:35PM +0200, Eric Martyns wrote:
> In trying to register an E-Person the error below occurs
>
> *An error has occurred*
>
> Go to Repository home <http://196.222.5.9:8080/xmlui>
>
> java.mail.AuthenticationFailedException:
> Cocoon stacktrace [show]
>
> Java stacktrace [show]
>
> Java full stacktrace [show]
>

> and uploading a file the following error occurs
>

> *An error has occurred*
>
> Go to Repository home <http://196.222.5.9:8080/xmlui>
>
> java.io.IOException: No such file or directory
>
> Cocoon stacktrace [show]
>
> Java stacktrace [show]
>
> Java full stacktrace [show]
>

> How do i resolve this.

The first step in resolving a problem with any software is finding as
much information as possible about what happened. That information
may be in the stack traces, and more information may be in the log
files.

If you need more help, we will need to see the stack traces and the
portions of the log file which surround the time of the error.

--
Mark H. Wood
Lead Technology Analyst

University Library