[Dspace-tech] New server--running handle setup -- error

Jeffrey Trimble

Aug 25, 2015, 12:36:09 PM8/25/15
to DSpace Tech
I am running the handle set up (as per the instructions in the manual and CRNI( and got
the following error when prompted to encrypt your private key.  I answered yes the first
time and then "no" and got the same error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.sun.crypto.provider.SunJCE
        at java.lang.J9VMInternals.verifyImpl(Native Method)
        at java.lang.J9VMInternals.verify(J9VMInternals.java:71)
        at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:132)
        at java.lang.Class.forNameImpl(Native Method)
        at net.handle.security.HdlSecurityProvider.getInstance(HdlSecurityProvider.java:36)
        at net.handle.hdllib.Util.encrypt(Util.java:890)
        at net.handle.server.SimpleSetup.generateKeys(SimpleSetup.java:533)
        at net.handle.server.SimpleSetup.main(SimpleSetup.java:331)

What's this mean?!?!?!

TIA,

Jeff

Jeffrey Trimble
System LIbrarian
William F.  Maag Library
Youngstown State University
330.941.2483 (Office)

Panyarak Ngamsritragul

Aug 25, 2015, 12:36:10 PM8/25/15
to DSpace Tech

Dear all,

With the helps from many of you, I was able to bring up a DSpace instance
for testing phase now. There are a few questions:
[The DSpace version 1.5.1 in Ubuntu 8.10 with Tomcat6, Maven2, Ant 1.6,
OpenJDK(equivalent to sun-java6-jdk)]

1. It is suggested that https be used especially for authentication, I
tried to do so according to
http://www.dspace.org/1_5_1Documentation/DSpace-Manual.pdf and DSpace
Developers Documentation
(http://wiki.dspace.org/static_files/7/7d/DevelopersDocumentation.pdf)
with no luck. I am using Tomcat6 in Ubuntu 8.10. Is there any special
point I should pay more attention in ?

2. To bring the DSpace up, it is suggested that the environment variable
TOMCAT6_SECURITY in /etc/default/tomcat6 be set to 'no'. I did set this
to 'yes' as Tomcat suggested. But in that case DSpace will not start.
Why is it designed in that way ? If I want to run DSpace with
TOMCAT6_SECURITY=yes, what else should I do ?

3. As administrator in DSpace, I chose certain community, the screen
appeared as in the attached file. Please notice the 4 buttons at the
right corner, the forth one does not display correctly... Where should I
modify to have this fixed ?

--
Panyarak Ngamsritragul
Prince of Songkla University.

dangerous content by MailScanner.

Panyarak Ngamsritragul

Aug 25, 2015, 12:36:42 PM8/25/15
to DSpace Tech

Hi,

There is so far no one answers the questions...
I just figure out that the file
[dspace-src]/dspace-api/target/classes/Messages.properties is lack of a
line like
jsp.mydspace.request.export.community = Export Community

This seems to be fixed in 1.5.2, but not for 1.5.1 yet.

If we build the package from source, it is possible to modify this, but it
is not possible if we build it from binary package... Am I wrong ?

--
Panyarak Ngamsritragul
Department of Mechanical Engineering