Re: [Dspace-tech] Error Ingesting a single METS package previously Disseminated as METS

Tim Donohue

Aug 26, 2015, 12:12:46 PM8/26/15
to Sante Filice, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi Sante,

I've looked into this issue a bit this morning. It looks like a minor
(but annoying) bug which affects the "METS" export format. I've created
a new ticket which describes this bug (and what I *believe* is the fix,
though it's unverified as of yet):

https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1879

It looks like this bug should *not* affect exports/imports using the
DSpace "AIP" format (which is also METS-based). It only will affect
exports/imports using the more simplistic "METS" format.

So, as a workaround, you could use the AIP export/import format instead
of the "METS" one. More information on AIP export/import is in the
documentation at:

https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC4x/AIP+Backup+and+Restore

(It's also linked from the documentation page you had referenced:
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC4x/Importing+and+Exporting+Content+via+Packages
)

- Tim

On 1/23/2014 2:42 AM, Sante Filice wrote:
> Hi all,
> first of all I congratulate with the DSpace team for the great job they
> are doing.
>
> I am just playing with the last DSpace 4.0 Release compiled from source
> and I get an error when I want to ingest a METS package previously
> disseminated as METS by the same DSpace installation. I am following the
> documentation at
> https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC4x/Importing+and+Exporting+Content+via+Packages.
>
> This is the sequence of my actions:
> 1) I submitted from the xmlui the Dspace manual that anybody can find at
> dspace-4.0-src-release/dspace/docs/DSpace-Manual.pdf
>
> 2) The identifier assigned to the submitted file is 123456789/7 .
>
> 3) I ran [dspace]/bin/dspace packager -d -e dsp...@myuni.it
> <mailto:dsp...@myuni.it> -i 123456789/7 -t METS
> C:/export-dspace-manual.zip (the result of the export is attached to
> this email)
>
> 4) I created a new collection. The identifier of the collection is
> 123456789/9
>
> 5) I ran [dspace]/bin/dspace packager -e dsp...@myuni.it
> <mailto:dsp...@myuni.it> -p 123456789/9 -t METS
> C:/export-dspace-manual.zip and got the following error message:
>
> org.dspace.content.packager.PackageValidationException: Invalid METS
> Manifest: f
> ile element without ID attribute.
> at
> org.dspace.content.packager.AbstractMETSIngester.addBitstreams(Abstra
> ctMETSIngester.java:850)
> at
> org.dspace.content.packager.AbstractMETSIngester.ingestObject(Abstrac
> tMETSIngester.java:500)
> at
> org.dspace.content.packager.AbstractMETSIngester.ingest(AbstractMETSI
> ngester.java:234)
> at org.dspace.app.packager.Packager.ingest(Packager.java:565)
> at org.dspace.app.packager.Packager.main(Packager.java:427)
> at
> org.dspace.app.launcher.ScriptLauncher.runOneCommand(ScriptLauncher.j
> ava:225)
> at
> org.dspace.app.launcher.ScriptLauncher.main(ScriptLauncher.java:77)
> org.dspace.content.packager.PackageValidationException: Invalid METS
> Manifest: f
> ile element without ID attribute.
>
> Also running with other options like: -r -f to replace the item in the
> same collection generates the same error.
>
> I would like to ask you: am I doing something wrong? Do you think there
> is an implementation error in the AbstractMETSIngester?
>
> My software versions:
> DSpace 4.0 Release compiled from source
> JDK and JRE 1.6.0_45
> WinXP
> Tomcat 6.0.37
> PostgreSQL 9.2
>

> Many thanks
>
> Cheer
>
> Sante

Sante Filice

Aug 26, 2015, 12:12:51 PM8/26/15
to dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi all,
first of all I congratulate with the DSpace team for the great job they are doing.

I am just playing with the last DSpace 4.0 Release compiled from source and I get an error when I want to ingest a METS package previously disseminated as METS by the same DSpace installation. I am following the documentation at https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC4x/Importing+and+Exporting+Content+via+Packages.

This is the sequence of my actions:
1) I submitted from the xmlui the Dspace manual that anybody can find at dspace-4.0-src-release/dspace/docs/DSpace-Manual.pdf

2) The identifier assigned to the submitted file is 123456789/7 .

3) I ran [dspace]/bin/dspace packager -d -e dsp...@myuni.it -i 123456789/7 -t METS C:/export-dspace-manual.zip  (the result of the export is attached to this email)

4) I created a new collection. The identifier of the collection is 123456789/9

5) I ran [dspace]/bin/dspace packager -e dsp...@myuni.it -p 123456789/9 -t METS C:/export-dspace-manual.zip    and got the following error message:
Cheer

Sante
export-dspace-manual.zip