new user registration problem

Wang, Yongming

Feb 8, 2017, 10:07:07 AM2/8/17
to dspac...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

Our environment:  New installation, DSpace 6.0, xmlui mirage2, RHEL7

Description of problem:

When the users conduct the self-registration by entering their email, an url is generated and sent to that user's email. When the users click that url, they got an "Unable to connect" error. I looked at the url. It's like the following:

I realized that we have configured our server to have our dspace to point to the standard http port (80), not the default 8080. So I modified the local.cfg to remove 8080 from dspace.baseUrl. Now the generated url is like the following:

This time the error massage is "Page cannot be found," with a stack of java errors like this:

Java stacktrace: org.apache.cocoon.ResourceNotFoundException: Page cannot be found at org.dspace.app.xmlui.aspect.general.PageNotFoundTransformer.addBody(PageNotFoundTransformer.java:185) at org.dspace.app.xmlui.wing.AbstractWingTransformer.startElement(AbstractWingTransformer.java:234) at org.dspace.app.xmlui.aspect.general.PageNotFoundTransformer.sendEvent(PageNotFoundTransformer.java:237) at org.dspace.app.xmlui.aspect.general.PageNotFoundTransformer.endElement(PageNotFoundTransformer.java:153) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor114.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)

My questions are:

1. Am I in the right direction to remove 8080 of dspace.baseUrl in local.cfg?

2. What's my next move to fix the "page cannot be found" error?

Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Yongming

--
Yongming Wang
Systems Librarian/Associate Professor

Terry Brady

Feb 14, 2017, 12:17:38 AM2/14/17
to Wang, Yongming, DSpace Technical Support
Yongming, I noticed that you did not get a response to this question.  Are you still encountering this issue?

Your approach sounds correct to me.  Here are a couple things to try.

1. Since you are running XMLUI, have you cleared your Cocoon cache?  Sometimes that simple action can resolve unexpected behavior.
2. If you grep the files in your config directory, do you see an residual references to port 8080?

Terry

Terry Brady
Applications Programmer Analyst
Georgetown University Library Information Technology
425-298-5498 (Seattle, WA)

Wang, Yongming

Feb 14, 2017, 9:06:37 AM2/14/17
to Terry Brady, DSpace Technical Support
Hi Terry,

Thanks for your reply. I did the two things mentioned in your email. I still got the same "page not found" error.

I found one weird log message this morning when I look at one of the cocoon log files such as this one: /dspace/log/cocoon.log.2017-02-12. I don't know what these messages mean. Does it mean what thing went wrong in the DSpace build process. I forgot to mention that I upgraded DSpace from previous 5.2 to current 6.0.

Please see messages below:

2017-02-12 16:00:02,074 INFO  org.apache.cocoon.i18n.XMLResourceBundle  - Bundle <file:///usr/share/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/i18n/messages_en_US.xml
> not loaded: Source URI not found

2017-02-12 16:00:02,075 INFO  org.apache.cocoon.i18n.XMLResourceBundle  - Bundle <file:///usr/share/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/i18n/aspects/Workflow/m
essages_en_US.xml> not loaded: Source URI not found

2017-02-12 16:00:02,075 INFO  org.apache.cocoon.i18n.XMLResourceBundle  - Bundle <resource://aspects/Workflow/i18n/messages_en_US.xml> not load
ed: Source URI not found

2017-02-12 16:00:02,076 INFO  org.apache.cocoon.i18n.XMLResourceBundle  - Bundle <file:///usr/share/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/i18n/aspects/Statistics
/messages_en_US.xml> not loaded: Source URI not found

2017-02-12 16:00:02,077 INFO  org.apache.cocoon.i18n.XMLResourceBundle  - Bundle <resource://aspects/Statistics/i18n/messages_en_US.xml> not lo
aded: Source URI not found

I looked over and didn't see "aspects" directory under i18n and couldn't find the file "messages_en_US.xml" at anyplace.

Thanks,

Yongming

Terry Brady

Feb 14, 2017, 12:19:29 PM2/14/17
to Wang, Yongming, DSpace Technical Support
I see similar messages in my cocoon log, so I doubt that those info messages related to "messages.xml" are the source of the error.

Unfortunately, I am not sure what to recommend for your page not found error.

Do you see any additional errors in you tomcat log files?

Would you have any other rules in place that might be trying to secure the register page and force it to https?

Does your login page work?

Terry