[Dspace-tech] Problema

Luis Rojas C. (CATIE)

Aug 26, 2015, 9:39:15 AM8/26/15
to dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net

Hi all, i have a problem when I send register at the repository. The next is the error:

An internal server error occurred on http://biblioteca.catie.ac.cr:5050/repositorioforestal:

Date:       7/24/12 7:48 AM

Session ID: 5619652CEBDB79BA32757897FEB9A3D9

-- URL Was: http://biblioteca.catie.ac.cr:5050/repositorioforestal/mydspace

-- Method: POST

-- Parameters were:

-- submit_approve: "Mandar al repositorio"

-- workflow_id: "380"

-- step: "3"

Exception:

java.sql.SQLException: Collection 59 has no default item READ policies

                at org.dspace.content.Item.inheritCollectionDefaultPolicies(Item.java:1911)

                at org.dspace.content.InstallItem.installItem(InstallItem.java:156)

                at org.dspace.content.InstallItem.installItem(InstallItem.java:73)

                at org.dspace.workflow.WorkflowManager.archive(WorkflowManager.java:652)

                at org.dspace.workflow.WorkflowManager.doState(WorkflowManager.java:606)

                at org.dspace.workflow.WorkflowManager.advance(WorkflowManager.java:371)

                at org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.MyDSpaceServlet.processPerformTask(MyDSpaceServlet.java:437)

                at org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.MyDSpaceServlet.doDSPost(MyDSpaceServlet.java:127)

                at org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.DSpaceServlet.processRequest(DSpaceServlet.java:147)

                at org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.DSpaceServlet.doPost(DSpaceServlet.java:105)

                at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:641)

                at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)

                at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)

                at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)

                at org.dspace.app.webui.filter.RegisteredOnlyFilter.doFilter(RegisteredOnlyFilter.java:98)

                at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)

                at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)

                at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:225)

                at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:169)

                at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472)

                at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:168)

                at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98)

                at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:927)

                at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)

                at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:407)

                at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:999)

                at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:565)

                at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:309)

                at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

                at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Please need your support.

Thanks, Luis

helix84

Aug 26, 2015, 9:39:16 AM8/26/15
to Luis Rojas C. (CATIE), dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 4:14 PM, Luis Rojas C. (CATIE)
<luis...@catie.ac.cr> wrote:
> java.sql.SQLException: Collection 59 has no default item READ policies

Hi Luis,

it seems somehow you have a collection with unusual policies. Run the
policy editor (you didn't mention which DSpace version and interface
you're using) and add READ policy to the collection. Items inherit
policies of its parent collection during submission.

Regards,
~~helix84

helix84

Aug 26, 2015, 9:39:17 AM8/26/15
to Luis Rojas C. (CATIE), dspace-tech
Luis, don't reply directly to me, always CC dspace-tech.

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 5:14 PM, Luis Rojas C. (CATIE)
<luis...@catie.ac.cr> wrote:
> The version is 1.4.2

OK, so you almost certainly use JSPUI. It's an old version, but I'll
tell you where to find it in the latest version, it's probably the
same. Log in as administrator, go to the collection page, under "Admin
Tools" click Edit, next to "Collection's Authorizations:", click Edit.

> What are the standard policies of the collections?

Standard policy is READ permission for Anonymous users for collection,
item and bitstream. Example:

ID Action Group
22469 DEFAULT_BITSTREAM_READ Anonymous
ID Action Group
22468 DEFAULT_ITEM_READ Anonymous
ID Action Group
22467 READ Anonymous

Regards,
~~helix84

helix84

Aug 26, 2015, 9:39:18 AM8/26/15
to Luis Rojas C. (CATIE), dspace-tech
On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 5:57 PM, Luis Rojas C. (CATIE)
<luis...@catie.ac.cr> wrote:
> OK , I understand, the problem is that it looks like someone deleted the anonymous group.
>
> As it recovered?

Again, don't reply directly to me, always CC dspace-tech.

OK, connect to your database and verify that the group is missing:
SELECT * FROM epersongroup;

If it's really missing, you should restore it:
INSERT INTO "epersongroup" ("eperson_group_id", "name") VALUES
(0, 'Anonymous');

However, consider migrating your content into the latest version of
DSpace installed from scratch, the version you have is quite old and
if you somehow deleted the Anonymous group, you may have other serious
problems as well.

Regards,
~~helix84

helix84

Aug 26, 2015, 9:39:20 AM8/26/15
to Luis Rojas C. (CATIE), dspace-tech
On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 7:22 PM, Luis Rojas C. (CATIE)
<luis...@catie.ac.cr> wrote:
> I have restores the anonymous group, but the problem persist.

OK, just checking - have you
1) made sure the anonymous group exists in the database
2) added Anonymous READ permissions for collection, item and bitstream
to your collection
3) restarted Tomcat

and your submission still gives the same error?
(java.sql.SQLException: Collection 59 has no default item READ
policies)

>From looking at the source code, it should be enough for the
collection to have just any one policy and it should work, regardless
of the Anonymous group existing. Or it should throw another error.

Regards,
~~helix84

Luis Rojas C. (CATIE)

Aug 26, 2015, 9:39:22 AM8/26/15
to hel...@centrum.sk, dspace-tech
I have restores the anonymous group, but the problem persist.

I have restores the anonymous group, but the problem persist.

Aug 26, 2015, 9:39:24 AM8/26/15
to Luis Rojas C. (CATIE), dspace-tech
On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 9:25 PM, Luis Rojas C. (CATIE)
<luis...@catie.ac.cr> wrote:
> I check al but persist the problema.

Can you send us a link to the collection? One more thing to check -
when you tried again did you continue with an existing item and only
tried to complete submission or did you create the item from scratch,
filling all the metadata fields again?

Since I can't resolve the problem, I suggest you try a workaround.
Submit the item, to any other collection that works. When it's in the
repository, edit the item (Edit) and move it to the collection you
want (Move Item). That might work because it shouldn't invoke
permission inheritance when moving.

Regards,
~~helix84

Luis Rojas C. (CATIE)

Aug 26, 2015, 9:39:26 AM8/26/15
to hel...@centrum.sk, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Sure, I pass the address.

http://biblioteca.catie.ac.cr:5050/repositorioforestal/handle/123456789/5110

The problem is that is happening in all collections.

Regards, Luis

Aug 26, 2015, 9:39:27 AM8/26/15
to Luis Rojas C. (CATIE), dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
I just noticed that it's not just collection default policies. Any
item I tried to access is without Anonymous read access. Was it your
intention to create a dark archive or is it also part of the problem?

Regards,
~~helix84

helix84

Aug 26, 2015, 9:39:29 AM8/26/15
to Luis Rojas C. (CATIE), dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 11:23 PM, Luis Rojas C. (CATIE)
<luis...@catie.ac.cr> wrote:
> Is part of the problem.
>
> :(

I see. Do you have any idea what caused the problem?

Do you have any backups? It would be less work than re-creating just
the policies.

The other viable option is to export and re-import all the items. If I
were you, I'd do this together with an upgrade to the latest version
of DSpace (first, installing fresh DSpace, then importing the items).

So your options are:
1) adding the policies manually or via SQL
2) restoring a backup
3) exporting and reimporting items

Regards,
~~helix84

Luis Rojas C. (CATIE)

Aug 26, 2015, 9:39:29 AM8/26/15
to hel...@centrum.sk, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
Is part of the problem.

:(

Regards, Luis

Aug 26, 2015, 9:39:43 AM8/26/15
to hel...@centrum.sk, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
The first option is better for me, but i need to know the database tables and the sql sentences to make this adding the policies manually or via SQL.

Regards, Luis

Aug 26, 2015, 9:39:45 AM8/26/15
to Luis Rojas C. (CATIE), dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 4:59 PM, Luis Rojas C. (CATIE)
<luis...@catie.ac.cr> wrote:
> The first option is better for me, but i need to know the database tables and the sql sentences to make this adding the policies manually or via SQL.

I personally wouldn't choose the first option because it doesn't
guarantee you'll be able to fix your problem.
I never needed it, so I don't know how exactly resource policies are
stored and what the dependencies are. Start with the resourcepolicy
table. Here's DSpace database schema:

https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DSpace+2.0+Requirements+and+Issues#DSpace2.0RequirementsandIssues-DatabaseOverviewGraphic

Regards,
~~helix84