SOLR Problems - index locked for core - Write.lock

sn...@buntblock.de

Sep 14, 2015, 7:11:04 AM9/14/15
to DSpace Technical Support
Dear list,

after trying to access the OAI module in the webbrowser i got following error:

SolrCore Initialization Failures

    authority: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Index locked for write for core authority
    search: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Index locked for write for core search
    oai: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Index locked for write for core oai
    statistics: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Index locked for write for core statistics

org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Index locked for write for core oai
        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.<init>(SolrCore.java:873)
        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.<init>(SolrCore.java:646)
        at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.create(CoreContainer.java:491)
        at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer$1.call(CoreContainer.java:255)
        at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer$1.call(CoreContainer.java:249)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: org.apache.lucene.store.LockObtainFailedException: Index locked for write for core oai
        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.initIndex(SolrCore.java:508)
        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.<init>(SolrCore.java:777)
        ... 8 more

I checked permissions for the folders and everything is owned by tomcat7.

The browse/ search function in XMLUi are not affected , everything works fine.

OAI import in commandline works fine.

I did fresh install with an empty database and after starting tomcat write.lock files appear in data/index directories.

Deleting .lock files and restarting doesnt help.

I cant find any information about this problem. How can i solve this ?

Thank you very much for your help.

SNEmi

sn...@buntblock.de

Sep 16, 2015, 4:33:46 AM9/16/15
to DSpace Technical Support
Problem is solved,

this error was caused by a typo in  /var/lib/tomcat7/conf/Catalina/localhost/oai.xml. The path to the webapp was wrong.