Annual Meeting

Tim-S

Aug 17, 2016, 9:12:28 PM8/17/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
We need to hold an annual meeting in September. That's coming up very fast.

Every member needs to be there! This is important. The annual meeting is where we elect our board, along with voting on any by-law and policy proposals. We cannot do any of this unless we meet quorum -- and we cannot meet quorum unless you are there.

Please fill out a very brief poll to let me know when you're available so we can schedule this when the most members are free: http://doodle.com/poll/g26wsgfcm7ra6m6k

Also, please start thinking about whether you are interested in a board position. Elections are coming up, and we always need enthusiastic members to serve on the board. I don't mean this selfishly -- if you'd make a good president, let's put your name in!

Tim-S

Aug 22, 2016, 1:20:54 PM8/22/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Thanks to everyone who has responded so far. If you haven't filled out the Doodle poll, please do so.

It looks like the best time so far only has 7 people attending. At the risk of opening a can of worms ... is there a day/time other than the ones posted that would work better? I've gotten some feedback that Sunday afternoons are good in general.

Don Cady

Aug 24, 2016, 9:14:23 PM8/24/16
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com

I'd like to void the Tuesdays in September. If all goes well, we could have a stream of visitors (shall we call them....tour-ists?) randomly walking in post-Makerfaire.

Don

Tim-S

Aug 24, 2016, 9:18:25 PM8/24/16

On Wednesday, August 24, 2016 at 8:14:23 PM UTC-5, Don Cady wrote:

I'd like to void the Tuesdays in September. If all goes well, we could have a stream of visitors (shall we call them....tour-ists?) randomly walking in post-Makerfaire.

Don

I just need a day/time when the majority of the members are free so that we can achieve quorum. We're having enough trouble getting people to indicate when they're available -- and speaking of which, you haven't filled out the survey :-P

Don Cady

Aug 24, 2016, 9:44:45 PM8/24/16
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
I understand that, but this should be considered also. If you hold it on a Tuesday night in September, it'll be a Bad Thing if we have to turn people away after inviting them to "come by any tuesday!".
Check again :)

Don