Humble bundle designated charity

Ray Scheufler

Aug 10, 2016, 12:36:02 PM8/10/16
to Des Moines Hackerspace
Apparently the humble bundle now allows you to designate a specific charity that you would like your charitable contribution to go towards.  I decided to see how thorough the list of charities is and we are in it.  If you routinely support the humble bundle, you can now designate the Des Moines Makerspace for our donations to go towards.  You can also change the distribution even when selecting a specific charity.

https://www.humblebundle.com/survive-this-bundle?charity=178058

Ray Scheufler

David Champion

Aug 10, 2016, 12:56:57 PM8/10/16
to dsmhackerspace
We should put this on the facebooks.

-dc

Tim-S

Aug 10, 2016, 2:42:54 PM8/10/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
It is on the facebooks! Please share to improve the exposure.

mrsjp...@hotmail.com

Aug 10, 2016, 8:37:54 PM8/10/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
My guy uses humble bundle, I never paid attention to whether he donates to a specific charity. I will ask next time.

Ray Scheufler

Aug 17, 2016, 8:31:12 PM8/17/16
to Des Moines Hackerspace
For those not interested in games they just posted a coding book bundle.  I bought it just to see the process for designating the space.  I had to open the choose where your money goes box and change the slider to actually give any to the space.  By default the charity portion all goes to their designated charity.
Ray Scheufler