Anyone wann build a CNC guitar with the "Drunken Woodworker"?

Chris Johnson

Jul 27, 2015, 3:38:25 PM7/27/15
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space

Joel

Jul 27, 2015, 3:41:01 PM7/27/15
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
I was thinking about making this guitar...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwIvUbOhcKE

Mike Longnecker

Jul 27, 2015, 3:49:42 PM7/27/15
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
My original plan with the bass was to 3D print the body (Yes, plastic does work as a body material. Just look at the old acrylic telecasters, or that cool 3D printed Hive bass thats been at a few makerfaires), and then CNC the neck out. I wanted to have this really cool pattern on the back of the neck (2.5-3D type stuff), but I got a little carried away with the body design (super impractical and it didn’t look very good) so my friend helped me design a completely different one.

I still think it would be really really cool to do a fully CNCed guitar with some really detailed 2.5-3D artwork done on it. Maybe another time when I have $$$$ and time….

Mike Longnecker