Tape. Beer can. Gallon of stain.

Tim Shearouse

Aug 28, 2016, 11:35:53 PM8/28/16
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com

I mean, how else are you supposed to test a robot arm? Also, we know EXACTLY what we're doing, as always...

IMG_20160828_222012.jpg

Dave Weis

Aug 29, 2016, 8:41:25 AM8/29/16
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com

Looks like you finally found a practical use for a robot arm.

What's the model of it? Looks large enough to actually  be useful.

On Aug 28, 2016 10:35 PM, "Tim Shearouse" <t.she...@gmail.com> wrote:

I mean, how else are you supposed to test a robot arm? Also, we know EXACTLY what we're doing, as always...

beernutz

Aug 29, 2016, 9:13:47 AM8/29/16
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Side question:  It looks like the laptop in use there has two network ports.  Is that the case?  I don't think I have seen one like that before.

On Sun, Aug 28, 2016 at 10:35 PM, Tim Shearouse <t.she...@gmail.com> wrote:

I mean, how else are you supposed to test a robot arm? Also, we know EXACTLY what we're doing, as always...

Bailey Mader

Aug 29, 2016, 9:30:40 AM8/29/16
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com

It's a Dobot. It was rated at 500g, but struggled to lift a beer can at ~350g. That face I'm making is because the stepper motor ran out of torque trying to lift the can and it flopped down.

No. One Ethernet port. The blue cable is USB. HDMI port at the front.

On Mon, Aug 29, 2016, 08:13 beernutz <beer...@gmail.com> wrote:
Side question:  It looks like the laptop in use there has two network ports.  Is that the case?  I don't think I have seen one like that before.
On Sun, Aug 28, 2016 at 10:35 PM, Tim Shearouse <t.she...@gmail.com> wrote:

I mean, how else are you supposed to test a robot arm? Also, we know EXACTLY what we're doing, as always...

Tim-S

Aug 29, 2016, 10:38:26 AM8/29/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
We're still learning. We will either modify the dobot, or possibly build our own arm that iterates on the dobot's design.

Nabil Hanke

Aug 29, 2016, 1:11:17 PM8/29/16
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
MOAR POWER!!!

One thing to look at is the gain on the stepper drivers. They may not be pushing max current to the steppers.

Push it till it smokes!

Thank you,
Nabíl

Ray Scheufler

Tim-S

Aug 29, 2016, 1:43:39 PM8/29/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space

Push it till it smokes!

That's what she said.

Anyway, we'll be playing with the robot arm some more during open house tomorrow.