Girls in Science

Bailey Mader

Jan 5, 2016, 1:46:14 PM1/5/16
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Almost that time of year again that SCI throws their Girls in Science event. We've had a booth for the last few years. Think of it like a mini Maker Faire for LITTLE kids. It's a lot of fun and the kids are always so excited.

Anyone willing to help sit at the booth? I need 4 or 5 people minimum, but if we have more, we can take shifts.

Thanks

Mike Longnecker

Jan 5, 2016, 2:07:30 PM1/5/16
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com

When is it?

jim kraai

Jan 5, 2016, 2:08:30 PM1/5/16
to dsmhackerspace
Feb 6.  http://www.sciowa.org/engage/girls-in-science/

Can we get that on our calendar?

What's the best way for me to direct potential volunteers to work through Area515?

Bailey Mader

Jan 5, 2016, 2:13:29 PM1/5/16
to dsmhackerspace
Feb 6th, 10-4, sorry about that.

Have them email me at educ...@area515.org Jim. That'd be best.

We'll have the Carrot Piano out, the other Makey Makey, and maybe another electronics activity. Unless someone else has a good idea for a hands on thing we should do.

jim kraai

Jan 5, 2016, 2:21:47 PM1/5/16
to dsmhackerspace
Bailey, got it, will do!

jim kraai

Jan 5, 2016, 5:07:54 PM1/5/16
to dsmhackerspace
trying to get employer to participate at some level, wish me luck

Bailey Mader

Feb 5, 2016, 6:29:21 AM2/5/16
to dsmhackerspace

Hey all, this event is tomorrow between 10 and 4. If you're free for an hour or two, please come down and help us run the booth. It's not hard if there's enough of us we can take bathroom breaks.

Thank you.

Util designs

Feb 5, 2016, 3:41:18 PM2/5/16
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
I'll be there. Come on down everyone. It is a great event.

I may need to leave for a bit around 11.

Tom Pesek

David Champion

Feb 5, 2016, 4:04:09 PM2/5/16
to dsmhackerspace
I have out of town visitors this weekend. I may try to drag them to the event for a while.

-dc

Tim-S

Feb 5, 2016, 4:48:22 PM2/5/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
I have a line tracking robot that I'm trying to calibrate / tweak in time to show off tomorrow. Regardless of whether that succeeds, I'll be down there to help with the booth.