Equipment training

David Wagner

Apr 22, 2017, 7:25:06 PM4/22/17
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,
Can I schedule a time next week for my son, Jacob, and I to be trained on the wood working power tools and the 3D printer? I have evenings free throughout the week except for Wednesday and Friday and I’m available all day on Saturday. I’d like to get training on the 3D printer first. Thank you.

David Wagner

Zeke Egherman

Apr 22, 2017, 11:55:58 PM4/22/17
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
speaking of this, i need more training on the 3d printer as well, and it cant hurt to go over the basics again. Can i join in?

string "firstName" == Zeke;
string "lastName" == Egherman;
string "fullName" == stringbuilder.concatenate (firstName,lastName);
Console.WriteLine("From," /n + fullName);
Console.Read();

From Zeke Egherman, developer of Lenny Face For youTRHSroundup.com, and more!

Chris Johnson

Apr 23, 2017, 12:50:57 PM4/23/17
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Next Saturday Willow ly work. Sunday is our space meeting, so that is out.

Zeke, I am at the space today.

David Wagner

Apr 23, 2017, 7:20:15 PM4/23/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Chris,
What time would work for you on Saturday? I'm free all day.

Chris Johnson

Apr 24, 2017, 2:38:00 PM4/24/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Let me make sure which one of us will be doing the training

Tim-S

Apr 24, 2017, 9:17:28 PM4/24/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Chris, I'm glad for you to train people up, you know more woodworking than I do. David, I'm usually at open house and can also train you on the wood shop. If Chris has time he's the better resource -- he can also train on the 3d printers and I can't.

David Wagner

Apr 25, 2017, 2:53:49 PM4/25/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Okay. I will be there tonight and we can figure it out.

David Wagner

Apr 28, 2017, 6:02:51 PM4/28/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Just checking to see if Ray is still planning to do 3D printer training on Saturday. Planning on being there around 2 pm?

Ray Scheufler

Apr 28, 2017, 6:03:52 PM4/28/17
to Des Moines Hackerspace

That is my current plan.

Ray Scheufler

On Apr 28, 2017 5:02 PM, "David Wagner" <daveandl...@gmail.com> wrote:
Just checking to see if Ray is still planning to do 3D printer training on Saturday. Planning on being there around 2 pm?

Matt D

Apr 28, 2017, 7:47:28 PM4/28/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
How long would this take and can more than one person sit in? I'd also like to go over the pirhanna CNC or laser sometime as well.

I might have my toddler tomorrow though so I'm not sure if this will work.

Zeke Egherman

Apr 28, 2017, 8:48:46 PM4/28/17
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Ray, while you're there could you please do a huge huge huge favor for me? I have a file I need printed, I expect it will take 4 to 5 hours. Doesn't matter if it's PLA or ABS, as long as it's somewhat precise to my model. (within like .1 inch) if you can't, I understand, however if you can it would be amazing.

On Apr 28, 2017 6:47 PM, "Matt D" <mdevr...@gmail.com> wrote:
How long would this take and can more than one person sit in? I'd also like to go over the pirhanna CNC or laser sometime as well.

I might have my toddler tomorrow though so I'm not sure if this will work.

magicLED_all.stl

Zeke Egherman

Apr 28, 2017, 8:49:40 PM4/28/17
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Also, as a thank you i would be willing to compensate you for your time either to a personal PayPal or as a donation to the makerspace

Ray Scheufler

Apr 28, 2017, 8:51:18 PM4/28/17
to Des Moines Hackerspace

Matt, training should be about am hour. Laser and piranha will have to wait since the laser is down and I don't really know the piranha.

Zeke, I can start your file but I will not be around when it finishes.

Ray Scheufler

Zeke Egherman

Apr 28, 2017, 8:59:25 PM4/28/17
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
That's fine with me if it's fine with you. I can pick it up tomorrow night or Sunday morning if you just give me an ETA. color is no big deal, but black or white would be preferred

Matt D

Apr 29, 2017, 1:36:41 PM4/29/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Ray - late notice but I may not be able to make it as I have kiddos this afternoon.

Ray Scheufler

Apr 29, 2017, 2:23:08 PM4/29/17
to Des Moines Hackerspace

I'll still head down to the space. I may be a few minutes past 2 because I need to grab lunch. If you confirm that you won't be there for training, I'll start zeke's print. I have to leave the space by 3:30, so you would need to get there before 2:30 for training.

Ray Scheufler

On Apr 29, 2017 12:36 PM, "Matt D" <mdevr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Ray - late notice but I may not be able to make it as I have kiddos this afternoon.

Zeke Egherman

Apr 29, 2017, 2:23:55 PM4/29/17
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Chris is running my print. Thanks anyways!