3D printer issues.

Chris Johnson

Dec 6, 2016, 3:02:51 PM12/6/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
While printing the snowflake samples for Snow Day, the Rostock Max V1 (PLA printer) decided to "go South" on us.  Ray left for San Jose for the rest of the week, but before he left, I asked if I could convert the V2 for printing PLA only, instead of ABS only.  That way we can print with the white, and clear PLA that we have.  Black snowflakes were gonna look pretty weird, so it seemed like a no-brainer.

Ray was very accommodating, so I took the innards from the PLA printer and converted it to the ABS printer, until we get time, parts, and people to repair.  So for now, only the V2 (white Rostock max V2) is working, and it is set up to print PLA.  I will try to fine tune it a little more tonight while at open house, but expect to use it for Snow Day on Thursday.

That Kid

Dec 6, 2016, 3:04:30 PM12/6/16
to Des Moines Hackerspace
What do you mean by go south

On Dec 6, 2016 2:02 PM, "Chris Johnson" <digge...@gmail.com> wrote:
While printing the snowflake samples for Snow Day, the Rostock Max V1 (PLA printer) decided to "go South" on us.  Ray left for San Jose for the rest of the week, but before he left, I asked if I could convert the V2 for printing PLA only, instead of ABS only.  That way we can print with the white, and clear PLA that we have.  Black snowflakes were gonna look pretty weird, so it seemed like a no-brainer.

Ray was very accommodating, so I took the innards from the PLA printer and converted it to the ABS printer, until we get time, parts, and people to repair.  So for now, only the V2 (white Rostock max V2) is working, and it is set up to print PLA.  I will try to fine tune it a little more tonight while at open house, but expect to use it for Snow Day on Thursday.

David Champion

Dec 6, 2016, 3:04:55 PM12/6/16
to dsmhackerspace
It's pining for the fjords.

-dc

Chris Johnson

Dec 6, 2016, 3:07:06 PM12/6/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
We got power, but both the hot end and the bed show "def" all the time, now.  It was printing 5 minute snowflake prints and decided to go south for the winter, I guess.