Need laser cutter and 3D printer training

ze...@egherman.com

Jan 8, 2017, 2:19:25 PM1/8/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
I meant to post this a week ago, but here i go:
I need training for both the laser cutter and 3d printer, let me know when i can get some!
Thanks,
Zeke

Ray Scheufler

Jan 9, 2017, 10:42:00 AM1/9/17
to Des Moines Hackerspace
A week ago would have been much better but we will make it work.  Nabil and I are the trainers for the laser cutter and we have just started robotics season.  Now the only time that I am free for trainings is on Sunday afternoon.

Chris and I are the trainers for the 3d printers.  I am not sure what his schedule is like for training.

Ray Scheufler

Zeke Egherman

Jan 11, 2017, 9:02:37 AM1/11/17
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Does 2:00 sound ok? this sunday

string "firstName" == Zeke;
string "lastName" == Egherman;
string "fullName" == stringbuilder.concatenate (firstName,lastName);
Console.WriteLine("From," /n + fullName);
Console.Read();

From Zeke Egherman, developer of Lenny Face For youTRHSroundup.com, and more!

Isaac K

Jan 11, 2017, 9:27:32 AM1/11/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
I have been meaning to set up a time myself for months now. I don't mean to complicate things, but I'm sure you would rather train more than one person at a time. I can probably make it to the space this Sunday afternoon for training on both. Thanks.

Zeke Egherman

Jan 11, 2017, 9:41:12 AM1/11/17
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Can't speak for ray/nabil, but I would be fine with it. Does 2 work for you? I'm free all day

Ray Scheufler

Jan 12, 2017, 12:25:07 PM1/12/17
to Des Moines Hackerspace
Group training does not work as well for the laser.  The training involves going through all the steps of the process and having the trainee perform them.  It is possible to have multiple people present and the second training would go faster but they would still need to go through the process.

For laser training we want you to have a project in mind.  The easiest is a desire for a box with known dimensions.  Also, it is good to know the person's experience with CAD / CAM and CNC machines in general.

I am available for laser training at 2 and it generally takes 30 minutes to an hour depending on prior experience.

Ray Scheufler

Isaac K

Jan 12, 2017, 6:04:55 PM1/12/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
I don't have a specific use for either the laser or printer yet, and only a rudimentary understanding of how CNC works so I'll wait for a more convenient time. Thanks again.

Garrett Penfield

Jan 13, 2017, 1:41:17 PM1/13/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Hi Ray,
I'm a new member and would also like to join in on this training. I have a degree in tool and die making so I have experience running CNC lathes, mills, EDM's, etc., I also use Solid Works daily so I think I would pick it up pretty quickly. However, I understand if you don't want to do more than one at time. Just let me know. Thanks!

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 8:41 AM, Zeke Egherman <ze...@egherman.com> wrote:
Can't speak for ray/nabil, but I would be fine with it. Does 2 work for you? I'm free all day
On Jan 11, 2017 8:27 AM, "Isaac K" <ikmp...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have been meaning to set up a time myself for months now. I don't mean to complicate things, but I'm sure you would rather train more than one person at a time. I can probably make it to the space this Sunday afternoon for training on both. Thanks.

Ray Scheufler

Jan 13, 2017, 1:51:55 PM1/13/17
to Des Moines Hackerspace
It is fine if you would like to sit and watch the training.  It would make your training much faster.  My rough time estimate would be a full training for someone not experienced with CAD / CAM to be ~45 minutes, someone experienced ~30 minutes, and if you watch someone else being trained it will take ~15 minutes to run though the checkout.

Ray Scheufler

Garrett Penfield

Jan 13, 2017, 1:53:58 PM1/13/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Great, I'll plan on being there then. Thank you!

Zeke Egherman

Jan 15, 2017, 2:56:42 PM1/15/17
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Running a touch late, will be there in ~10-15 mins