A great Saturday at the Area 515 MakerSpace

Chris Johnson

Apr 22, 2017, 2:13:22 PM4/22/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Every once in awhile, (when we are lucky) we get to be a part of a really good thing.  Today is one of "those" days for me, and I hope the other people who participated!

I really love it when we move the concepts of the maker/hacker space forward.  Today we met great people, made some really cool stuff, got a really nice donation.  Kinda the ideal maker space trifecta!

We met some great people who are prototyping a chair for an event in July. They are also associated with the Habitat for Humanity group. Ben and I had fun helping them cut out prototypes for their chairs.This should be a fun event for people in the Des Moines area.

We also got a NICE donation from a gentleman that we helped by making a couple of laser etched plaques for his graduating grand kids. (A big Thank You Max.)

And I want to also thank Tim, for coming down and taking the Tuck Tuck to a new home, giving us a bunch more space in the metal shop.  I admit I will kinda miss the times when we all pile on board and cruise to A Dong for lunch, but we really needed the space.

All of this before noon.  Now to go plan on how to take over the world!

Zeke Egherman

Apr 22, 2017, 5:43:59 PM4/22/17
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
dang! i missed all the fun! was planning on heading down there this morning but never got around to it

string "firstName" == Zeke;
string "lastName" == Egherman;
string "fullName" == stringbuilder.concatenate (firstName,lastName);
Console.WriteLine("From," /n + fullName);
Console.Read();

From Zeke Egherman, developer of Lenny Face For youTRHSroundup.com, and more!

Tim-S

Apr 22, 2017, 7:52:47 PM4/22/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Thanks again for the help today, Chris. Thanks to the generous donor and to everyone else who pitched in today!