Hydraulic jack on sale

Nabil Hanke

Sep 21, 2016, 11:44:35 AM9/21/16
to Area 515
Just a PSA if anyone is interested. One of the select items at harbor freight worth getting is the 1-1/2 ton jack. And it's currently on sale for $60 with coupon.

Thank you,
Nabíl

David Champion

Sep 21, 2016, 11:56:08 AM9/21/16
to dsmhackerspace
PSA part 2: If you're going to Harbor Freight, check out the free coupons for stuff like the free multi-meters. Yes they're a piece of junk, but we can use them for classes and other projects, i.e. you can use one for a volt meter.

-dc

Ray Scheufler

Sep 21, 2016, 12:01:55 PM9/21/16
to Des Moines Hackerspace
PSA part 3: Jacks are for lifting not holding.  Harbor Freight jacks do a good job of lifting but don't trust your life to any jack for holding.  I would take some recommendations on good stands for holding.

Ray Scheufler

David Champion

Sep 21, 2016, 12:04:38 PM9/21/16
to dsmhackerspace
Yes, always use jack stands.

I have a set of jack stands I was going to donate to the space for the garage area.

We can also make some blocks out of the PLA beams they sell at lumber yards. I wanted some for myself anyway.

-dc