Laser Cutter?

Andy Davis

Dec 1, 2017, 12:20:10 PM12/1/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Area 515,

This is Andy Davis - I'm a former member who is interested in renewing for December, but want to make sure there is a functional laser cutter at this time.
According to earlier threads it seems to be working, but just wanted to make sure everything is still going well. Also, I would like to schedule a training on the new machine if possible.
Thanks!

Andy

Ray Scheufler

Dec 1, 2017, 12:29:02 PM12/1/17
to Des Moines Hackerspace
There are currently two lasers at the space.  The sharktooth (my machine) is still down and I haven't had time to work on it.  The Full Spectrum (Tim's machine) is operational.  I will let Tim / Bailey work with you to schedule training on it.

Hopefully after the new year I will have some more free time to get the sharktooth back operational.  Then we should have two working machines at the space.

Ray Scheufler

Bailey Steinfadt

Dec 1, 2017, 12:30:49 PM12/1/17
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
I'll be around Sunday afternoon for sure, otherwise email me and we can set up a time to schedule training!

Andy Davis

Dec 1, 2017, 2:01:42 PM12/1/17
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot ! Sunday afternoon would be great ! Could I pick up a key at that time as well?

Thanks

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space" group.

Bailey Steinfadt

Dec 1, 2017, 2:07:15 PM12/1/17
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Yep! I can do that for you, too. I'll be free around 2-ish. Let me know when to expect you (at least by Sunday morning.)

Andy Davis

Dec 1, 2017, 3:00:12 PM12/1/17
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Great! Will you still be around after 4pm? Thanks a lot!

~Andy

Bailey Steinfadt

Dec 1, 2017, 3:03:16 PM12/1/17
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com

Can be, sure!

Andy Davis

Dec 1, 2017, 3:04:55 PM12/1/17
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Excellent ! Let’s say 4-4:15 ?

Looking forward !

Bailey Steinfadt

Dec 1, 2017, 3:10:54 PM12/1/17
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com

You're on my calendar.

Lisa P

Dec 1, 2017, 5:24:11 PM12/1/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Can I come at 2 to get trained on the new cutter? We have to be in pleasant hill by 4, it doesn't take THAT long, does it?