Filament 3mm abs or pla

Will Dobbins

Nov 14, 2015, 11:47:47 AM11/14/15
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Is there someplace locally to get 3mm filament? My taz 5 arrived but my filament is in transit...

Ray Scheufler

Nov 14, 2015, 11:53:45 AM11/14/15
to Des Moines Hackerspace

I don't know where to buy it locally, but we have some at the space that isn't being used. The white stuff in the drawers with the other filament is technically mine and you can have it if you want. I know it is 3mm but I don't know if it is abs or pla.

Ray Scheufler

On Nov 14, 2015 10:47 AM, "Will Dobbins" <zan...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there someplace locally to get 3mm filament?  My taz 5 arrived but my filament is in transit...

Mike Longnecker

Nov 14, 2015, 11:56:47 AM11/14/15
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com

The giant coil? It's some nice ultimachine PLA

Jeffrey Ollie

Nov 14, 2015, 11:58:28 AM11/14/15
to dsmhackerspace

There's also a spool of 3mm blue abs down there that I bought by mistake that I decided to donate to the space rather than send back that you're welcome to use. If you do take it home I'd appreciate it if you'd donate a spool of 1.75mm abs back to the space (choice of color up to you).

Will Dobbins

Nov 14, 2015, 12:26:12 PM11/14/15
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
I'd be happy to donate a spool of abs in exchange, I'm not a member of the space so I'd have to coordinate with someone.

The idea of a printer sitting idle for a few days offends me :-).

Will Dobbins

Nov 16, 2015, 11:58:16 AM11/16/15
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Just an update on this, swung by the space on Saturday evening with a nearly full roll of 1.75mm in blue and a partial in purple and traded them out for what ended up being the wrong roll of filament...

It's worked well enough to keep the printer busy but it's very brittle blue PLA that likes to grind away at the hobbed bolt.

Thanks for helping me have SOMETHING to print with :).