Shaper Origin

Lucas Peters

Oct 14, 2016, 4:46:54 PM10/14/16
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Hey all, forgot to post this, but the CEO of Shaper who will be releasing the handheld CNC Origin next year dropped by on short notice a few weeks back at the WOOD shop. We threw together a FB live video while he demoed it.

Here it is, in case you're interested:

https://www.facebook.com/woodmagazine/videos/10155546195584815/

Lucas

Don Cady

Oct 16, 2016, 9:21:29 PM10/16/16
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Holy buckets! I mean, we knew this type of tech was inevitably coming, but it's here now. wow.

Lucas Peters

Oct 16, 2016, 9:57:20 PM10/16/16
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
We were pretty impressed. It appeared that they had thoroughly thought through the interface and features as well.
Our audience tends to be a bit standoffish about CNC stuff ("That's not real woodworking!"). But this thing retains a lot of the hands-on feel and looks a lot like all the other routers in their shops, so we think it might have some potential to make some inroads with our readers.
LP