Radioshack Drawers restock

Ray Scheufler

May 9, 2018, 3:48:22 PM5/9/18
to Des Moines Hackerspace
Last night I was going to hack something together just to test and I went to the radio shack drawers to borrow a leonardo for a bit.  I noticed that there were only two left in there.  I also noticed that the collection of breadboard jumbers is also rather depleated.  I also have noticed that our LED collection has gotten scattered.

I'd like to get an in for $10 going to restock the items in the radio shack drawer.  Currently I am looking at ordering some of the following:
LEDs (will take stock of what we have)
All variants of MM, MF, and FF jumpers at a reasonable length
Arduinos (not sure if we should be stocking them, although they are handy to have, also not sure on model to stock)

I will also look to see if we are ok on other items in stock.  If you think something else should be added to the order list, let me know.  What we get really depends on how many people pitch in.

Ray Scheufler

David Champion

May 9, 2018, 5:44:34 PM5/9/18
to dsmhackerspace
I would "in for 10" on restocking those supplies.

IMHO the Arduinos are probably something that should be in the stash of items that can be purchased, like the clock kits. We had a surplus of those cheap white knock-offs from the group buy.

-dc

Ray Scheufler

May 10, 2018, 10:11:39 AM5/10/18
to Des Moines Hackerspace
I recieved $10 from Dave and $10 from ward.

I took stock of the resistors, capacitors, and LEDs last night.  It appears we are still good on resistors and capacitors.  We do not have any 5mm white LEDs or most varieties of yellow led.  I don't plan on restocking the LEDs because we have a pretty good assortment still.

I didn't look through the rest of the drawers for items to be kept in stock.  I will probably do that this weekend and hope to have an order out early next week.  It will be on the slow boat from china so don't expect restocking soon.

Ray Scheufler

Lisa P

May 10, 2018, 6:39:41 PM5/10/18
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Count me in for ten. Will put it in the tin this weekend.

Ray Scheufler

May 12, 2018, 4:15:41 PM5/12/18
to Des Moines Hackerspace
I checked the drawers, the only thing that needs restocking is jumper wires and alligator clips.  I'll get an order done today.

Ray Scheufler

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 5:39 PM, Lisa P <mrsjp...@hotmail.com> wrote:
Count me in for ten. Will put it in the tin this weekend.

Zeke Egherman

Ray Scheufler

Brad Freese

May 14, 2018, 2:33:44 PM5/14/18
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Count me in as well.

Also want to let everyone know that you can create an official button for "In for $10 drives" on our Donations page. Just email treasurer [at] area515.org and president [at] area515.org and tell Meg and Tim what the item is. Then they create an official PayPal button for people to donate through.

Here's a link to where the board enacted this: http://area515.org/wiki/index.php?title=Meeting_January_-_2018#In_for_.2410_Improvements

Zeke Egherman

May 14, 2018, 3:52:36 PM5/14/18
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
You can also create paypal money pools, too.