Free laptops

David Champion

Oct 2, 2017, 2:16:30 PM10/2/17
to dsmhackerspace
Or... craptops. I have 3 Dell D620 or D630 laptops, these are the Core2 / Core2Duo generation. Notably they do have a built-in DB9 serial port. One has bad display on the motherboard. I think the other 2 work. They have no drives, they take a thin 2.5" SATA drive. I also have a docking station and some chargers. I'm guessing you could build one good working unit out of them. I can include battery packs, but if you're not going to use them I would take them back to harvest the cells from them.

If anyone is interested in them, I can bring them by the maker space, otherwise I'm taking them to the recycler.

Thanks,

-dc

Lisa P

Oct 2, 2017, 5:21:33 PM10/2/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
We are interested. Guy would like to see if he can make a working unit.

When/where can we meet you?

David Champion

Oct 2, 2017, 5:39:00 PM10/2/17
to dsmhackerspace
I will leave them at the maker space for you, just didn't want to leave them there if nobody was interested.

-dc

On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 4:21 PM, Lisa P <mrsjp...@hotmail.com> wrote:
We are interested. Guy would like to see if he can make a working unit.

When/where can we meet you?

Zeke Egherman

Oct 2, 2017, 10:32:49 PM10/2/17
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
I'd love one of them to use as a makeshift server (mine is down) or are all of them claimed by now?

string "firstName" == Zeke;
string "lastName" == Egherman;
string "fullName" == stringbuilder.concatenate (firstName,lastName);
Console.WriteLine("From," /n + fullName);
Console.Read();

From Zeke Egherman, developer of Lenny Face For youTRHSroundup.com, and more!

David Champion

Oct 3, 2017, 9:18:01 PM10/3/17
to dsmhackerspace
Lisa has 1st dibs. They are at the space in the back room in the cube by the hvac closet.

-dc

Zeke Egherman

Oct 3, 2017, 9:42:01 PM10/3/17
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Got it.
Message has been deleted

Lisa P

Oct 4, 2017, 9:39:06 AM10/4/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Guy was excited to get the 630, he has one here-two may make a complete unit.
Thanks David!!!!

Zeke - he left the two 620's there. One of those has the bad display, but you may be able to get get a good unit from them.

There are some small pieces in a Baggie and a charge cable, don't forget those :)

It's awesome when one persons discards can make more than one person happy, thanks again David!

Zeke Egherman

Oct 4, 2017, 9:50:27 AM10/4/17
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
sweet! Ill have to find my key then ill go grab it.

David Champion

Oct 4, 2017, 10:57:28 AM10/4/17
to dsmhackerspace
FYI: the D620 that looks like it has a bad screen - the screen is fine. Its a bad GPU, it has the nvidia gpu, they were notorious for going bad in those. I think the other D620 has a Core2 not a Core2Duo, some modern linux distros might not run on it.

I could only find one power brick, will let you know if I locate another one.

-dc

Lisa P

Oct 4, 2017, 4:44:18 PM10/4/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Guy left the power brick to make sure Zeke had a way to power up