Firmware Programmers...

Justin Richeson

Dec 30, 2016, 5:13:55 PM12/30/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Anyone have a STM8S-Discovery board (or presumably any other SWIM capable programmer?) and/or a PICkit2 or 3?  I may try to flash some firmware updates for some items I have or am looking to get, but for what will likely be a single use I was hoping to borrow the proper tools for flashing.  Mostly, all I have right now is Adruinos which apparently won't work for these devices.

Thanks!

--Justin

Ray Scheufler

Dec 30, 2016, 7:21:14 PM12/30/16
to Des Moines Hackerspace

I believe I have a stm8 discovery. I know I have a pickit3. You are welcome to borrow them.

Ray Scheufler

Justin Richeson

Ray Scheufler

Jan 3, 2017, 6:09:12 PM1/3/17
to Des Moines Hackerspace
I usually have the pickit with me.  Since the wall started going up I emptied my cube and have all the stuff at home, including my potential STM8 programmer.  If you want me to bring the STM programmer to the space I will need a couple of days notice so that I can remember to throw it into my bag.

Ray Scheufler

Justin Richeson

Jan 4, 2017, 11:48:16 AM1/4/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
No problem...I'll post again if I get a chance to get the header installed and get all the software downloaded in advance...then I'll probably need to try to make an Open House or some other time that'd work for you.

Justin Richeson

Jan 11, 2017, 1:43:08 PM1/11/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Ok...I just did more research on this...the one I needed the STM8 for it looks like you can now use those cheap STLink V2 USB programmers for...I don't think those were around the last time I looked into this.  I might actually end up ordering one of those since they're < $10.  Last time I looked at this you needed the STM8-Discovery which was a full microcontroller + Programmer and cost more....  Also, I've found you need to mod that board a bit to do this...  I'll probably end up just ordering one now, but thanks!  Seems a few other projects I'm looking at are moving to STM32 chips as well so it might come in handy further in the future.

Ray Scheufler

Jan 11, 2017, 2:01:28 PM1/11/17
to Des Moines Hackerspace
I also have a STLink V2 programmer that I could loan.  I would actually rather loan you the STM8 board because I don't use it at all and my STLink is hooked up to my bluetooth LE boards and I don't want to look up the pinout again because I am lazy.

Ray Scheufler