Photo Printer

Jake Leister

May 11, 2018, 4:03:15 PM5/11/18
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Was going to get rid of my old printer but though I should ask if there is interest to have a nicer printer for photos and such in the new space. I don't think there is one there now. Printer is linked below. 8 inks which you can get fairly cheap off ebay. I prob have a few sets already. Prints up to a 13x19. Resolution is up to 4800x2400 dpi. Let me know if its something that people would be interested in if not ill take it to be recycled.

Ray Scheufler

May 11, 2018, 4:10:26 PM5/11/18
to Des Moines Hackerspace
To my knowledge we only have a black and white printer at the space.  I don't know if we would get enough usage from the color printer.  We don't get that much usage from the current printer, but when we need it then it is very handy.  Same logic may apply to the color printer.

Put me in the camp of neither for nor against.

Ray Scheufler

On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 3:03 PM, Jake Leister <jtlei...@gmail.com> wrote:
Was going to get rid of my old printer but though I should ask if there is interest to have a nicer printer for photos and such in the new space. I don't think there is one there now. Printer is linked below. 8 inks which you can get fairly cheap off ebay. I prob have a few sets already. Prints up to a 13x19. Resolution is up to 4800x2400 dpi. Let me know if its something that people would be interested in if not ill take it to be recycled.

Zeke Egherman

May 11, 2018, 4:11:27 PM5/11/18
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
I agree with Ray.

David Champion

May 11, 2018, 4:26:43 PM5/11/18
to dsmhackerspace
Also, note that this is an inkjet printer. I have the non-pro version pixma 9000, it is a nice photo printer, and prints OK color text. But it wouldn't be good for printing color documentation.

I have found that these Canon inkjet printers tend to not have the ink carts dry out nearly as fast as some of the competitors like Brother or Lexmark printers.

Ideally if we wanted a color printer, we could probably get a surplus color laser printer, that would be better for printing classroom training materials and such.

-dc

On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 3:11 PM, Zeke Egherman <ze...@egherman.com> wrote:
I agree with Ray.

Jake Leister