Open House cancelled tonight.

Bailey Steinfadt

Oct 10, 2017, 2:15:22 PM10/10/17
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
There was another flooding event, and while the damage is minimal, there will be cleanup to do.

Tim will get us more details when he's done talking with the building owner and documenting.

Tim-S

Oct 10, 2017, 3:12:42 PM10/10/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Thanks Bailey.

The story is that someone upstairs fell asleep with the tub running last night. Water came down in the area of the hack rack, and flowed along the floor pooling in the front area. I picked some things up off the floor, but it looks like extremely little of ours was actually damaged.

There is a restoration company there now cleaning up the water. If you do stop by the space, expect fans and large dehumidifiers.

Note that a couple of workstations on the East wall were in standing water. I don't think it was deep enough to damage the computers, but they will need to be tested.

Tim-S

Oct 10, 2017, 3:32:27 PM10/10/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
The story is that someone upstairs fell asleep with the tub running last night.

Oh and by the way yes, I have recommended to the landlord that he consider fixing the overflow drain in the tub. I mean, of all the stupid things...

Tim-S

Oct 10, 2017, 7:20:33 PM10/10/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
If anyone would be willing to help, I'm going to head down to the space in a few minutes to start working on cleanup. I'd still like to formally cancel open house, but we need to test some equipment that got wet, clean, and validate that there's not more damage than expected.

I assume the standing water will be gone by now. That's what the landlord paid the restoration company for.