Atmel AVR

Bailey Mader

Nov 19, 2015, 12:51:00 PM11/19/15
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Anyone own an AVR programmer I could borrow for a while in December?

Benjamin Miller

Nov 19, 2015, 1:05:54 PM11/19/15
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
If you have an Arduino lying around, you can program it to be an AVR programmer:

I had to do this when I royally bricked my printrboard

- Benjamin Miller <b...@benjamintmiller.com>

Bailey Mader

Nov 19, 2015, 7:32:59 PM11/19/15
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
That's cool! In a pinch, I'd see doing that, but I don't have any extras in my kit.

But if no one has one to borrow, I might just buy or make one and leave it at the space to be used.

If anyone is interested in debugging via programmer cable, we can get a VERY nice one straight from Atmel for $60 if people are willing to chip in for that. Otherwise I'll get the sub $20 basic one from Sparkfun.

Ray Scheufler

Nov 19, 2015, 8:01:16 PM11/19/15
to Des Moines Hackerspace

I have a few arduino nanos that you could use. If you want to go the arduino as ISP route.

I have a dedicated avr programmer but last I tried it the drivers weren't happy. I can try to dig and find it the next time I am at the space. Depending on snow I might be there tomorrow.

Ray Scheufler

Paul Mohr

Nov 19, 2015, 8:32:22 PM11/19/15
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
I also have Arduino and programmer and two wire stuff like I2c,jTag but SNOW! and will be there next Tuesday but not before. Sounds like fun to get it working.