Election Time!

Bailey Mader

Aug 24, 2016, 5:59:13 PM8/24/16
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Not the Presidential elections.... but those for our board. Use this thread to nominate/second/accept board positions.

Positions include:
President
Vice President
Secretary
Treasurer
3 Directors

I nominate the following:

Tim Shearouse - President
Nabil Hanke - Vice President
Ward Mellerup - Director

Ray Scheufler

Aug 24, 2016, 6:11:23 PM8/24/16
to Des Moines Hackerspace
I will second those nominations.

I will also remind that you are allowed (and somewhat encouraged) to nominate yourself.

Ray Scheufler

Tim-S

Aug 24, 2016, 6:20:03 PM8/24/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Since there are people who haven't been around for elections before ... I'm re-pasting Ray's notes from a previous year's nomination thread. The procedure and list of available positions remains the same.

Procedure notes:
Any full member can nominate any other full member to a board position.
Self nominations are allowed.
Any nomination requires one other full member to second the nomination.
Any nomination requires that the nominated member accepts the nomination
There are no term limits

Positions available:

President
Vice President
Secretary
Treasurer
3 generic positions

beernutz

Aug 24, 2016, 6:21:11 PM8/24/16
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
I nominate myself for the position of "lurker at large".

Oh, wait....

Bailey Mader

Aug 24, 2016, 6:24:51 PM8/24/16
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Watch out, Scott, someone might pay your dues for you and we'll make you director.

beernutz

Aug 24, 2016, 6:33:00 PM8/24/16
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
lol, that would serve me right.  8)

On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 5:20 PM, Tim-S <t.she...@gmail.com> wrote:
Since there are people who haven't been around for elections before ... I'm re-pasting Ray's notes from a previous year's nomination thread. The procedure and list of available positions remains the same.

Procedure notes:
Any full member can nominate any other full member to a board position.
Self nominations are allowed.
Any nomination requires one other full member to second the nomination.
Any nomination requires that the nominated member accepts the nomination
There are no term limits

Positions available:
President
Vice President
Secretary
Treasurer
3 generic positions

Message has been deleted

Ian Walmsley

Aug 25, 2016, 10:00:11 AM8/25/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
I nominate:

Bailey Mader as Treasurer
Ian Walmsley as Director

Tim-S

Aug 25, 2016, 11:29:59 AM8/25/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space

On Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 9:00:11 AM UTC-5, Ian Walmsley wrote:
I nominate:

Bailey Mader as Treasurer
Ian Walmsley as Director

I second both of these.
Also, I accept my nomination, thanks.

Ben Brown

Aug 25, 2016, 1:48:06 PM8/25/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
I'll nominate myself for Secretary.

Tim-S

Aug 25, 2016, 1:49:30 PM8/25/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Seconded

Bailey Mader

Aug 25, 2016, 2:32:07 PM8/25/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
I accept my nomination.

Remember, you're not volunteering as tribute, you're just to be on the board!

Nominations stand as follows:
President - Tim - Seconded and Accepted
Vice President - Nabil - Seconded
Secretary - Ben - Seconded and Accepted
Treasurer - Bailey - Seconded and Accepted
Director - Ward - Seconded
Director - Ian - Seconded and Accepted
Director -

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 12:49 PM Tim-S <t.she...@gmail.com> wrote:
Seconded

Bailey Mader

Aug 31, 2016, 4:21:32 PM8/31/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
I'd like to nominate Brad Freese for the third Director position.

Nabil Hanke

Aug 31, 2016, 6:25:26 PM8/31/16
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
I would totally second Brad for the position.

And I'll accept normalization.

Thank you,
Nabíl

Tim-S

Sep 2, 2016, 2:11:36 PM9/2/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
I nominate Tom Pesek for a director position.

Thanks,
Tim

Bailey Mader

Sep 2, 2016, 3:11:52 PM9/2/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
seconding Tom

Brad Freese

Sep 3, 2016, 9:39:03 AM9/3/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
I enthusiastically accept your nomination! Thank you!

Ian Walmsley

Sep 3, 2016, 5:50:40 PM9/3/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Current Nominations:

President - Tim - Seconded and Accepted
Vice President - Nabil - Seconded and Accepted

Secretary - Ben - Seconded and Accepted
Treasurer - Bailey - Seconded and Accepted
Director - Tom
Director - Ward - Seconded

Director - Ian - Seconded and Accepted
Director - Brad - Seconded and Accepted