In urgent need of 3d print

Zeke Egherman

Apr 25, 2017, 1:29:00 PM4/25/17
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Hello ray and chris (and the rest of the makerspace)

I am in desperate need of a four or five hour print as part of the AP computer science exam. Could somebody make time to train me some more or print off my file for me? Thanks a ton, Zeke.

--
string "firstName" == Zeke;
string "lastName" == Egherman;

From Zeke Egherman, developer of Lenny Face For youTRHSroundup.com, and more!

Chris Johnson

Apr 25, 2017, 2:07:34 PM4/25/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
I posted that I was at the space all day on Sunday, but you didn't show.
I will be there tonight, but I plan on printing.

Digger

Zeke Egherman

Apr 25, 2017, 2:28:15 PM4/25/17
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Oh I apologize! I must have missed that message. Maybe I could get the remaining training tonight, and then I could print it on my own time? I'll check with my parents and see what they think.

Zeke Egherman

Apr 26, 2017, 1:50:12 PM4/26/17
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the short notice, but would tonight work? My dad has some stuff he needs to do but we would most likely be able to get down there when he's done with the majority of it.

Brad Freese

Apr 26, 2017, 2:13:56 PM4/26/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Do you have to print this thing for the exam or can someone else print it for you? I could do it provided your desired color and material is either white or black ABS or White PLA.
Cheers!

Chris Johnson

Apr 26, 2017, 2:35:13 PM4/26/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
I am not sure I will get back there until Saturday, and then we will be training people, so the printers will be tied up. Last Sunday or last night would have been the best time for me.

Zeke Egherman

Apr 26, 2017, 2:40:45 PM4/26/17
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
No, I do not need it printed myself, I just need the object. Color and material dont really matter, it just needs to be precise with the size. (so if it's ABS 102%, don't know what the percent is for PLA, don't print with it)

Brad Freese

Apr 26, 2017, 2:49:49 PM4/26/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Rats, I probably can't help you then. My printer isn't very dimensionally precise. Sorry!

Zeke Egherman

Apr 26, 2017, 2:54:12 PM4/26/17
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Alright. Thanks anyways!

Ray Scheufler

Apr 26, 2017, 3:59:24 PM4/26/17
to Des Moines Hackerspace
Can you send a link to the file so that we can judge the feasibility of printing it?

Ray Scheufler

Zeke Egherman

Apr 26, 2017, 6:41:30 PM4/26/17
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, that's a great idea! I estimate it will take 4-5 hours. I split it into 3 different ones for convenience just in case something goes wrong with one of them

Zeke Egherman

Apr 26, 2017, 6:43:01 PM4/26/17
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
If anyone asks, the files didnt add properly the first time. it DEFENITELY isnt because i forgot them
magicLED_box.stl
magicLED_boxLid.stl
magicLED_pegs.stl