Outreach opportunity / kiddy education / halp

Tim-S

Feb 12, 2016, 12:34:53 AM2/12/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
We've been asked to run a booth at the Boys' Night Out event at the Science Center, Monday, March 7, 6 - 8PM. The hope is that we would run a booth similar to the one we presented at the Girls In Science fair at SCI.

I'm willing to be there, but am not willing to do it alone. Is anyone available to help run the booth? STEM education is part of our organization's purpose, and helping get kids excited about technology solidifies our long term ability to attract members. Those kids ain't going to be kids forever. Who is available and willing to help?

Thanks,
Tim

Bailey Mader

Feb 12, 2016, 9:00:32 AM2/12/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
I can be there. Four people is plenty. Can we get two more volunteers?

Eugen Burianov

Feb 12, 2016, 9:15:36 AM2/12/16
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to participate in that

Chris Johnson

Feb 12, 2016, 11:38:53 AM2/12/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
What are we taking?  How much space will we have?

Chris

Bailey Mader

Feb 12, 2016, 11:44:06 AM2/12/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space

One table. Our carrot piano and the line robot took up most of the space last weekend.

Bailey Mader

Feb 12, 2016, 3:08:19 PM2/12/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Thanks Eugen. We'll include you in further emails about the event.

Anyone else? We could use a fourth.

Mike Longnecker

Feb 12, 2016, 3:13:52 PM2/12/16
to Des Moines Hackerspace

Is that a special Monday? Like a holiday Monday? If yes then a for sure for me. If not then a tentative yes for me.

Mike Longnecker

Bailey Mader

Feb 12, 2016, 3:47:07 PM2/12/16
to Des Moines Hackerspace
I think it's a boring old normal Monday. Except if you join us you can watch kids be confused when you tell them there's no computer in the line following robot and their faces light up when they get to make music with vegetables.

Bailey Mader

Feb 16, 2016, 5:16:41 PM2/16/16
to Des Moines Hackerspace
Still need one person to commit to this. It's only 2 hours. Anyone interested?

Tim-S

Feb 18, 2016, 7:05:05 PM2/18/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
I went ahead and promised that we will be there. For a two hour event, we can make do with three people. If anyone else is free and interested, though, we could use the help. Thanks!

Brad Freese

Feb 25, 2016, 8:33:22 AM2/25/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Please sign me up as person #4.

Bailey Mader

Feb 25, 2016, 11:36:25 AM2/25/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Cool. Be there around 5:45 and be prepared to have fun with robots and carrots.

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 7:33 AM Brad Freese <bradley...@gmail.com> wrote:
Please sign me up as person #4.

Tim-S

Mar 2, 2016, 11:00:52 PM3/2/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Please note that this is not at SCI, as I had previously thought. Got confirmation and more details:

Studebaker Elementary, 300 E County Line Rd, Des Moines

Setup: 5:30 - 6 (I'll get there around 5:45)

Event: 6 - 8