Good sources of 3D Printer parts / metal rods

Brad Freese

Feb 7, 2016, 5:25:27 PM2/7/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
I'm having trouble with ringing on my Wanhao Duplicator 4 printer.  Both of my Y axis rods are bent slightly, and even though I added pillows to the machine they're still not perfect.  I was thinking to try replacing them with either a stronger metal, or at least some metal that's not bent.  The rods are 5mm in diameter and run the length of the machine, 18.25"

Can anybody recommend a good source and/or stronger metal for these rods?  It doesn't have to be local, I'll order online too.  Many thanks in advance!

Robert Johnson

Feb 8, 2016, 10:16:56 AM2/8/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Maybe OpenBuild would have what your looking for
http://openbuildspartstore.com/