Hack night tonight

Tim-S

Feb 10, 2016, 12:11:21 PM2/10/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
So, hack night. I'll be assembling a few more clock kits, then (finally!) finishing my oscilloscope.

Sounds like Robert will be around working on his 3D printer build.

If you have a project to hack on or just want to hang around, we'll have people there from ~7 - 10pm. See you there!

Bailey Mader

Feb 10, 2016, 1:44:20 PM2/10/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
I'll be there. I will have someone coming in to talk about workshops and then will be hopefully working on getting all of the sewing supplies into one neat area.

Tim-S

Feb 10, 2016, 1:58:56 PM2/10/16

On Wednesday, February 10, 2016 at 12:44:20 PM UTC-6, Bailey Mader wrote:
I'll be there. I will have someone coming in to talk about workshops and then will be hopefully working on getting all of the sewing supplies into one neat area.

This reminds me: I planned to move all the lead acid batteries from the shelves right by the front door. I think some of them (old UPS batteries) belong on the hack rack, while others are privately owned. I know some of them (I'll set aside Nabil's green-top batteries), but: If you own some of those batteries and don't want them to go to the hack rack, please shoot me a note letting me know where to leave them.

Nabil Hanke

Feb 10, 2016, 2:12:16 PM2/10/16
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Most are junk. A cursory voltage check should be sufficient. I'd normally say 12v minimum, but they've been sitting for several months. I know Don went through and tried charging them all, and Dave mucked with them as well. But my experience with them has been mostly poor in casual use. I'd say there are about four out of the whole lot that are worth keeping around.

Thank you,
Nabíl

David Champion

Feb 10, 2016, 2:53:42 PM2/10/16
to dsmhackerspace
I mentioned this method - those APC "sealed" lead acid batteries are really just wet cell batteries, and can sometimes be revived by refilling them.

I didn't want to do this in the normal space, but we could do it in the garage area.

-dc