Cheap deal on ABS filament

Tim-S

Jun 10, 2017, 11:23:04 AM6/10/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
So, "3D Synergy Technologies" got in touch with us. They are shifting their production focus from ABS to PLA, and offering very attractive prices (seems like ~40 - 60% off) on leftover stock of 1.75mm ABS filament.

Is anyone interested in chipping in on a group buy?

Lisa P

Jun 10, 2017, 9:35:08 PM6/10/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
I would be willing to chip in, but don't want to order or chose product.

Zeke Egherman

Jun 10, 2017, 10:32:50 PM6/10/17
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
YES. I am so game for this, was just thinking about buying more. Keep me up to date, willing to buy a roll or two for the space and several rolls for myself

On Jun 10, 2017 8:35 PM, "Lisa P" <mrsjp...@hotmail.com> wrote:
I would be willing to chip in, but don't want to order or chose product.

celeste moreno

Jun 11, 2017, 10:14:20 AM6/11/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
I would be interested in chipping in!

Chris Johnson

Jun 11, 2017, 10:46:56 AM6/11/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
I would suggest that we try a spool first.  It may be great, and I hope it is, but the Internet is littered with "not so great" filament.  We havealready got burned on some of it.

What is the price per roll?

Zeke Egherman

Jun 11, 2017, 2:45:56 PM6/11/17
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
See if they can give us a sample, maybe? Say we are interested in x rolls (depending on how many people want) if we are happy with the quality, and we would like a sample to make sure it meets our standards.

Don Cady

Jun 11, 2017, 8:34:38 PM6/11/17
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Um, did you get the spreadsheet link?

Don

Chris Johnson

Jun 11, 2017, 9:08:55 PM6/11/17
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
No

Ray Scheufler

Jun 11, 2017, 9:10:37 PM6/11/17
to Des Moines Hackerspace
There was another thread off list with the pricing information.  I didn't feel it was appropriate to broadcast out the pricing that they were offering.  Check your gmail account.

Ray Scheufler

Tim-S

Jun 11, 2017, 11:34:59 PM6/11/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
I'm trying to get a small sample spool to test with before we commit to anything larger, thanks for the recommendation.

Tim-S

Jun 13, 2017, 8:39:18 PM6/13/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Canceling this ... sorry for the excitement. It looks like they don't make their own filament, it is rebadged from somewhere ... and is old stock that's likely been sitting around.

Zeke Egherman

Jun 13, 2017, 9:15:54 PM6/13/17
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for letting us know.