Annual member meeting: Oct 29, 2-4pm

Tim-S

Oct 1, 2017, 12:01:13 PM10/1/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space

Our annual member meeting will be Sunday, October 29, from 2-4pm at the space. Please add it to your calendars and make an effort to attend, because we need to have a quorum of members.

A formal agenda will follow (do you have something you'd like added to the agenda? Let us know!), but we'll recap the state of the group and what's happened in the past year, and we'll hold elections for the board.

There are seven board positions:
 - President
 - Vice President
 - Secretary
 - Treasurer
 - Director / Member at large (3 positions)

Nominations for all positions are open effective immediately. Any member can nominate someone by posting here, emailing bo...@area515.org, or contacting any existing board member. Any nomination requires one other member to second the nomination, and the person being nominated needs to accept. You can nominate yourself.

Tim-S

Oct 12, 2017, 1:26:36 PM10/12/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
I nominate Brad for Secretary, Meg for treasurer, and Ward for a director position.

If anyone is interested in a board position or continuing their existing board position, I'll hand out nominations like Halloween candy.

Brad Freese

Oct 15, 2017, 11:56:21 AM10/15/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
I accept the nomination for Secretary (Thanks, Tim!)

I'd like to nominate Tom Pesek for a director again

Util designs

Oct 15, 2017, 3:25:13 PM10/15/17
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Thank you. I accept Brad's nomination.

I nominate Tim for president and Bailey for a director position.

Tom Pesek

Bailey Steinfadt

Oct 15, 2017, 4:34:23 PM10/15/17
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
I'll accept, and second everything above.

Brad Freese

Oct 16, 2017, 2:30:58 PM10/16/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
I also nominate Dave Champion and re-nominate Ben Brown for board positions.

Tim-S

Oct 16, 2017, 9:47:52 PM10/16/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Thanks Tom, I accept.
Thanks Brad, I second the nominations for Ben and Dave.

Tim-S

Oct 16, 2017, 10:01:49 PM10/16/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
I nominate Don to continue as vice president.

Brad Freese

Oct 17, 2017, 1:29:07 PM10/17/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
I second the nomination for Don.

Bailey Steinfadt

Oct 20, 2017, 1:26:43 AM10/20/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
I nominate Laura V. for director.

Util designs

Oct 20, 2017, 12:50:59 PM10/20/17
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Seconded

Tom Pesek

Laura VanWaardhuizen

Oct 20, 2017, 4:22:34 PM10/20/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space

Don Cady

Oct 22, 2017, 2:39:03 PM10/22/17
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
I accept.

Don

Lisa P

Oct 22, 2017, 7:45:46 PM10/22/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Not sure I can make it. Bailey has been given my proxy.

Chris Johnson

Oct 23, 2017, 1:49:47 PM10/23/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
If there is any desire, I will gladly run for the board in any position OTHER THAN Treasures

On Sunday, October 1, 2017 at 11:01:13 AM UTC-5, Tim-S wrote:

Our annual member meeting will be Sunday, October 29, from 2-4pm at the space. Please add it to your calendars and make an effort to attend, because we need to have a quorum of members.

There are seven board positions:
 - President
 - Vice President
 - Secretary
 - Treasurer
 - Director / Member at large (3 positions)

Nominations for all positions are open effective immediately. Any member can nominate someone by posting here, emailing bo...@area515.org, or contacting any existing board member. Any nomination requires one other member to second the nomination, and the person being nominated needs to accept. You can nominate yourself.

If  anyone has any desire to have me work for them, I will gladly run for any position OTHER THAN Treasurer.  I think I can add some value to other positions, and would love to see us continue to grow a Maker Space.

Ben Brown

Oct 23, 2017, 6:49:02 PM10/23/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
I second Chris for an open board position, I accept my nomination for a director position. I also nominate myself for president.

Ray Scheufler

Oct 24, 2017, 1:42:04 PM10/24/17
to Des Moines Hackerspace
I'll second Ben's self nomination for President.

Ray Scheufler

On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 5:49 PM, Ben Brown <benfletc...@gmail.com> wrote:
I second Chris for an open board position, I accept my nomination for a director position. I also nominate myself for president.

Don Cady

Oct 24, 2017, 7:12:42 PM10/24/17
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
I'd also like to nominate Jeff M. for a board position, but am not sure if he'll accept.

Don

Bailey Steinfadt

Don Cady