stratasys

Matthew Gidel

Jul 24, 2016, 2:32:21 AM7/24/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Can I get some training on the stratasys?

Nabil Hanke

Jul 24, 2016, 9:09:00 AM7/24/16
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
At 1:30 am? Who are you kidding?

Thank you,
Nabíl

On Jul 24, 2016, at 1:32 AM, Matthew Gidel <mgid...@gmail.com> wrote:

Can I get some training on the stratasys?

Chris Johnson

Jul 24, 2016, 11:23:57 AM7/24/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Missed it by THAT much!!!  He almost got us at the space!

(covered in MDF dust...)
Chris
(btw, I would love that training also)

Tim-S

Jul 24, 2016, 1:22:23 PM7/24/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Yes, I'll be glad to get people started -- but the extruder is clogged now. I'll clean that out and then schedule time with you guys.

Don Cady

Jul 25, 2016, 4:43:05 PM7/25/16
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com

Do you think the age of the filament caused/contributed to that clog?
and.. Do you have the cartridge re-flasher made?

Don

On Jul 24, 2016 12:22 PM, "Tim-S" <t.she...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes, I'll be glad to get people started -- but the extruder is clogged now. I'll clean that out and then schedule time with you guys.

Tim-S

Jul 25, 2016, 4:57:53 PM7/25/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Nah, I did a stoopid. I wanted to see what would happen if I got lazy and didn't replace the tape covering the parts tray, and it printed a giant black ABS turd / spaghetti thing. That then caused the clog.

Ironically, it clogged when I was trying to print the last piece of the enclosure for the cartridge re-flasher. I have the circuit and stuff, just working on a tidy enclosure to make it easier to reflash the chips.

Matthew Gidel

Jul 28, 2016, 2:03:49 PM7/28/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Do you think it will be ready this weekend for training?

Tim-S

Jul 28, 2016, 3:23:43 PM7/28/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
I took the time to un-clog the extruder. I printed. It clogged again. I think that Don is right, the filament is too old and has taken on moisture.

Also, I'm out of town this weekend.

I'll fix it (again) and let you know. Sorry.

Chris Johnson

Jul 29, 2016, 1:46:53 PM7/29/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
So, is it time we looked at adding an oven to the space?  Filament drying and pizza?

Chris