Laser material fund

Bailey Steinfadt

May 20, 2018, 7:20:55 PM5/20/18
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Since apparently "wood collection" was ambiguous, I relabeled the donation box near the lasers. If you can, use scrap. If you can't, drop a buck or two in when you use a fresh sheet from the collective stash.

Put your cutoffs in the cardboard box behind the monitor by the FS, not in here.

Zeke Egherman

May 20, 2018, 8:04:27 PM5/20/18
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Tim really liked making that joke and you had to shut him down like this??? Absolutely un-called for

Bailey Steinfadt

May 20, 2018, 9:30:59 PM5/20/18
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Ha! If it were only him, I wouldn't have. 😉

On Sun, May 20, 2018 at 6:20 PM, Bailey Steinfadt <runne...@gmail.com> wrote:
Since apparently "wood collection" was ambiguous, I relabeled the donation box near the lasers. If you can, use scrap. If you can't, drop a buck or two in when you use a fresh sheet from the collective stash.

Put your cutoffs in the cardboard box behind the monitor by the FS, not in here.

Tim-S

May 20, 2018, 10:06:19 PM5/20/18
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Eh, all in good fun.

Seriously though, price out handi-panels at any big box store. When you use the cut down birch at the space, that's what you are consuming. We get them cheaper since we buy in bulk and cut them ourselves, so basically ... if you put in half the box store price for a handi-panel each time you use one, we'll be happy and you'll be saving money.

Zeke Egherman

May 20, 2018, 10:54:55 PM5/20/18
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
But you'll be saving more money if you become a cool kid like me and buy your own wood in bulk and then bribe other people to cut it down for you ;)